Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a tip....

Parkit

I'm sure it's been posted before but I never paid much attention to it if it was. Fruit trees.

One of my favorite detecting areas is a military base housing area that was demolished, turning it into a giant park-like place. Scattered around among the big oaks and some pine trees are Bradford Pear trees planted by various tenants in the past, they grow quickly and grow well here providing great shade. Every single one of these trees has been a hotspot for coins, in fact they've been the best-producing areas out there. Whether it has to do with the shade or the fruit, some kind of "community activity" or whatever else, the signals are plentiful. And sometimes deep. The digging under the trees is the best around, kind of sandy and always moist even during drought, so it takes about 4 seconds with a trowel to dig to 6". My deepest finds have occured here, along with my most unusual and valuable. Last weekend I scored a '64 dime, a '58 quarter, half a dozen tokens, 6 wheats, buttons, toy cars, a dog license and 46 various clad coins and Memorial cents in an area no more than 30 feet in diameter. All of course under, between and around a couple of pear trees.

If you're searching an area and see a fruit tree, (apple, pear, peach, whatever) slow down and see if it doesn't produce like my areas have. If you live near an orchard you absolutely need to check it out, especially if it's one where the public can pay a fee to pick their own fruit. Same goes for blueberries or strawberries, they grow low to the ground and picking them usually involves a lot of kneeling or even lying down.

Steve

Nice!!!! Great advise!!!:thumbup:

Steve, Great point! I have a few Apple and Pear trees in my community. The community was settled in the late 1800's and will hopefully give up some silver!

Bradford pears don't produce fruit you can eat. I was around apple trees yesterday and didn't do so well. If it works for you, keep at it.