Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a quick note .....

Dan-MO

My DSL modem was hit by lightening a couple of nights ago just as I finished the Frito story.I have spent a good part of the last 2 days trying to explain the situation to my Internet service provider whose main office must be in India. I can barely understand a word they speak and am still not sure if they know what I need.The modem is a Westell modem that came with the DSL package-it is not a part of the computer and it is the ISPs responsibility to replace it.The last word I got (I think!) is that a tech will call me within the next 24-48 hours.....I tried to tell them I didn't need a tech.....I need a modem!

In the meantime I am connected to dial up which I kept as a back up but it is so incredibly SLOW that I can barely use it.....It took nearly 10 minutes to get this web site to open....At least the lightening didn't get the computer this time! Thanks to all who responded to my story.I will continue to read the storys from my work computer but I cannot post from there and I probably won't be posting much until I get this thing fixed.Thanks again to everyone.

I just love that Indian Tech Support. :(

After we decided that we were getting rid of our problem, we got mega calls from them offering us great deals. Finally, after Grace was totally fed up with their bartering, she spoke to their rep in the same dialect that their techs spoke to us in. The rep said.......I'm sorry m'am,.....I didn't understand you. Grace repeated herself, knowing full well he wouldn't understand a word she was saying. He repeated himself......I'm sorry m'am.....I still don't understand you. Grace says........and neither did we every time we talked to one of your technicians !! Now maybe you'll understand why we're quitting your service ! I was rather proud of her, amidst my chuckles. Nothing but excellent performance with our new provider. Twice as fast, even though the other one was "supposedly" high speed ? I think they we're giving us high speed "light" or some dumb thing. Whatever the case, they were ripping us off. Good luck with your dilemma. :thumbup: