Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a little story I wanted to share ..........

General Ray

with you folks and the best hunting site I ever hunted.

I heard from a old friend last night and ..........

tonight :clapping:

How many of you remember officer Dean, I know Dave will because Dave met Dean at Barber park :clap: hunting with me :).

This hobby is pretty cool folks, it brings alot of folks together in one way or another and thats how I met officer Dean :thumbup: from Illinois. It was three years ago when the General from Wisconsin moved his troops into northern Illinois into a park that I later renamed Barber park ;)

I was looking for a new hunting site so I headed south into Illinois and found a old city, as I drove around this old city with awe in my eyes looking for a park to hunt I notice that I was in a bad area, I could tell because of all the gang bangers that were eye balling me and my cheve, hahaha :D

Then I spotted a park that had tree trunks as wide as my 77 cheve, bingo Ray :smoke:, lets pull out the Explorer and give her a ride and what a ride it was :wiggle:

I was in the ghetto and knew it but my thrill for the hunt told me Ray, you have as much right to be here as the next fella so I started hunting with eyes in the back of my head :wacko:

I have good head phones folks, I have the best that are out there in the Gray Ghost but I kept one ear muff half off just in case, sure enough I hear, finding anything Ray :unsure: I look up and see officer Dean, the biggest badest office I ever saw and just replied, no not much sir :(, hahaha, remember that Dean, I do, hahaha ! Dean ran my plates first so that is how he knew my name right off bat.

As I turn off my Explorer and headed for officer Dean I got to thinking, I hope I didn't do anything wrong because I try not to but ya never know with all the laws these days :surrender:

Officer Dean turn out into what I hoped he would and was, a down to earth great fella bar none and I mean none, officer Dean had worked this beat for 26 years and he was giving me advice to where I was, I never forget what he told me, Ray, you know you are in the rough part of the city, your not common around here, hahaha!

I looked at my new bud officer Dean and said, heck I'm not common where ever I land, from that point on Dean took care of me, as I hunted barber park my good friend officer Dean made sure that other officers knew that Ray was in the war zone by himself and they always checked on me,this was very powerfull folks, to hunt right in the gang bangers back yard, letting them know that you don't rule the parks, we do, the people, thanks Dean for your service and most of all bud, your friendship :beers:

<embed SRC="http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/hillst.wav" autostart=true loop=true width=48 height=0 volume=127>

of law officer that we all like...one that is friendly and cares about his fellow man. I think that it is great that he looks out for your welfare when you are at Barber Park with your metal detector. Thanks for posting such a refreshing story, very enjoyable to read. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

sure it good to see we have people looking out for us. Personally there is not a coin that I have ever found that is worth going to the Ghetto for. I hunt for fun and relaxation and the find is secondary to me. I don't feel that hunting with one earphone off and watching everything around me is my kind of relaxation. :D

I know you and Nim and a few others go to the inner city but it doesn't interest me much. Some carry sidearms and maybe someone can tell me what find is worth getting shot for or shooting someone else for.

I have no problem with others that want to do it but it is not for this old fart:surrender:

To have around!Sometimes the best treasure we find is not silver or gold but the people we meet while searching for it.

I know it was a little risky the first time I showed up at barber park to hunt but as fate has it Officer Dean showed up also and now I have a dear friend who I hunt with from time to time. Like Royal said, putting yourself in a risky spot is not worth any find but it worked out in the end for me. I have hunted barber park at least 30 times and never had a problem, infact I know some of the locals that walk their dogs around the track and they know me now :)

Some of these locals will stop and chat with me, some have lived in the area since they were born, one fella that was in his late 70's told me stories of the old baseball teams that would play at barber park when he was a little fella and pointed out where the old ball field was, told me his father watch games from the late 1800's, barber park has been around since the civil war.

My best moment at barber park was when I was hunting right in the wide open area next to the new ball fields when Officer Dean showed up, then within 5 minutes another black and white unit showed up and he was wearing gold bars on his collars, then another black and white unit pulls up, their I was in this wide open grass area with three police cars all around me, hey Ray, what did you find today, lets see them, I think most folks in the area thought I was a off duty police officer :wiggle:

<embed SRC="http://soundamerica.com/sounds/themes/Television/A-B/andyg62c.wav" autostart=true loop=true width=48 height=0 volume=127>