Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:jump:Good Week Concludes With An "O" Hat Trick:jump:

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Hope the weather and bodies are doin good for you all.
Its starting to summer up here in Texas which means the heat is about to be on.
Unless you rise with the sun, dehydration is already a serious threat when out detecting for anything over an hour.

Last week I managed to get out mon, wed, and sat.
Monday visited a park with the big coil and managed churn up a nicely worn 43 Washington. First piece of silver i've found with the big coil and it was about six inches.
Wednesday got out late and was heading to a spot and passed by this older home being remodeled into a comercial property. The front yard was really small and kind of torn up.
There was a bobcat tractor in the middle as well as a pile of debris which left very little room to maneuver. Figured might as well get out an take a look since it was soon to be cleared and cemented up.
First coin signal under the dry powdered dirt was a roughed up 54 Roosevelt. That was cool. Found a couple more coins and some mosquitos.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday.
Wow, this turned out to be another exceptionally good day aside for the fact that I coulda heatstroked.
It rained a few inches here on friday so i figured to hit this playfield that I think some goodies are hiding in. Well normally the dirt is very hard so only when its really soaked do i consider going here.
Also, I went with the intent to find jewelry which meant i had to be able to dig a lot. The field was nice for it had already soaked up most of the rain and the Lesche naturally slipped into the clayish ground.
Well the first target was a nickle and next was a dime, then...........well i don't know what happened. The Garrett started flippin' out. It was very frustrating, the conditions seemed perfect and my machine just threw the worst tantrum to be encountered yet. Tried a bunch of things...changing settings, resetting a couple of times, cables, phones, nothing worked....Went and sat down kind of upset knowing i had to go home.
Mellowed for a moment, got up and started to walk towards the car. Kept swingin the machine tryin' to get any signal in the ground and halfway to the vehicle, it all of a sudden started to quiet down. Bolsted in the fact that it may not be 100% but that i could manage to get a target made a 180 and figured to try my luck for a few more minutes.....well about three hours later and seventy pieces of trash and a handful of coins later was heading to the car for a break. Right before walkin off the field got a real loud beep. Almost didn't dig it cause was really thirsty....well i did and out pops a small smashed silver spider ring. Well now i could go home or relax and maybe make one more pass after the drink....
Decided to make one more pass as that spider caught me in its little web of possiblities.
Dug a few more junks and then that really old silver and gold ring surfaced. Its been a long time since that one has seen the light of day. Excited, satisfied and thoroughly whooped, was jus gonna take a few more swings before calling it a day. A couple targets probably the last one i was going to dig before turning around and leaving beeped somewhere around nickle. Since it was closer to nickle than tab stuck the digger in and popped the plug. The propointer said in the side and i didn't think anything of another pull tab....well the digger went through the middle of the ring and then i see a glint of yellow....again just thought casual as i've seen plenty of yellow aluminum, only then i stuck my finger in and saw that it was no farce.....a golden band shown forth! Wow Wow Wow...talk about psyched.
All three rings seem to have been hit by one piece of equipment or another which seemed strange. I think the silver an gold one is an old class, club, or military ring of some sort.71/2 grams.
The gold band is lightly damaged.14K and 5 grams. All i can say is this turned out to be one unexpected and very lucky turn of events on the day. In a little more than four hours ended up diggin about eighty pieces of trash, twentyfiveish coins and goodies. Still not sure what tweaked the machine out...my best guess is the almost saturated ground of the morning somehow aggravated it.
Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!
[attachment 162611 008.JPG] [attachment 162608 045.JPG] [attachment 162609 040.JPG] [attachment 162610 028.JPG]

That is a REALLY nice assortment of coins
rings and other STUFF!!!

be carefull in the heat you can send just
a LITTTLE of the heat this way
say about 72 degress or so !!!!

Ron

Rangers lead The Way

way to go bro !!!

WTG!:thumbup:Nice finds!:clapping:Congrats!:cheers:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Thank you for taking the time to create a nicely written piece. It was a pleasure to read.
There is one yard I have hunted with my Ace that it completely refuses to settle down. No overhead lines and the house was empty so there should have been no underground power activity either.
Really strange how some spots on the face of the earth just don't wanna let a detector anywhere near.
Hope the ground stays soft enough for you to keep prying things out of it.