Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jump from 600 to 800?

Kapok

I've been using the 600 since the spring but am thinking about trading up to the 800. My main reason would be to have the extra recovery speeds. Does anyone have any insight on the correlation of the speeds between the two machines? I've heard that 2 on the 600 = 5 on the 800. Is there true value in having those extra degrees of recovery speed? I fear there's a big difference between 2 and 3 on the 600. Thanks, all.

Iron Bias setting 2 on the 600 = 6 on the 800.

1=2
2=4
4=6

You get more Iron Bias control which I personally use a lot as well as more Audio volume and pitch controls.

Bryan

Bryan V said:
Iron Bias setting 2 on the 600 = 6 on the 800.

1=2
2=4
4=6

You get more Iron Bias control which I personally use a lot as well as more Audio volume and pitch controls.

Bryan
I was actually referring to Recovery Speed, but are you saying that the same number scale applies to both this and Iron Bias?

Ya I messed that up somehow! Sorry.. I meant Recovery Speed although it looks like the same numbers apply to Iron Bias.

Kapok said:
Does anyone have any insight on the correlation of the (recovery) speeds between the two machines?

Page 51 of the manual shows you...

(Look at the chart entitled: "EQUINOX 600/800 Equivalent Recovery Speeds" )

trojdor said:
Does anyone have any insight on the correlation of the (recovery) speeds between the two machines?

Page 51 of the manual shows you...

(Look at the chart entitled: "EQUINOX 600/800 Equivalent Recovery Speeds" )
Thanks. How did I miss that in the manual? Geez... RTFM eh?

LOL... If you're getting older, you can blame it on that... ;)

As George Burns said:
"First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down."

trojdor said:
LOL... If you're getting older, you can blame it on that... ;)

As George Burns said:
"First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down."

I indeed AM getting older. And that was a good one!

Don't forget the ability to go wireless with regular headphones, I've been wireless so long I take it for granted.

Jeff

The gold settings are nice. They detect deeper. But you need clean ground or it becomes a machine gun of signals. Other than that the 600 does a great job.

laplander said:
Don't forget the ability to go wireless with regular headphones, I've been wireless so long I take it for granted.

Jeff
I have wireless headphones with the 600 too. I use the Octane Omega Ones. They work great.

Kapok said:
I've been using the 600 since the spring but am thinking about trading up to the 800. My main reason would be to have the extra recovery speeds. Does anyone have any insight on the correlation of the speeds between the two machines? I've heard that 2 on the 600 = 5 on the 800. Is there true value in having those extra degrees of recovery speed? I fear there's a big difference between 2 and 3 on the 600. Thanks, all.

Just my 2 cents but I use the 600 in the most trashiest sites in Los Angeles. It's pulltab/bottlecap city out here along with other trash.

Recovery 3 is equal to 6 on the 800. Basically, it's 1,2,3 which is 2,4,6 on the 800. Iron bias the same... 1,2,3 600 / 2,4,6 800

For me, at a recovery speed of 3 you will still hear targets coming at you at lightning speed. And you are familiar with this since you own one.

I can't imagine why I would need more speed than this? Coming from another ML FBS machine it is like night & day between recovery speeds.

If the 800 would have been available a year ago, I would have bought it, but unfortunately, it wasn't.

Since I hunt 50 tones & AM I don't have a need for tone breaks. Even if I had the 800, I wouldn't use the tone breaks. I like au naturale in my tones.

The 800 however, sounds like a great idea for me, since I am contemplating hunting for gold, which is found here in So Cal.

Happa54 said:
I can't imagine why I would need more speed than this?
Actually what I was interested in was maybe a slower speed that wasn't quite as slow as 2. 3 is plenty fast on the 600 IMO, but I worry about depth. Frankly, I'm just not finding many deep coins with the Nox like I did with my Multi Kruzer, and was wondering if Recovery speed 3 was costing me some depth, but 2 seems a bit slow to me. 1 is like using a Safari...

I bounce around between 5 and 50 tones and normally keep AM on since I want as much audio information as possible. I prefer Park 2 and normally keep Iron Bias off.

Kapok said:
I can't imagine why I would need more speed than this? Actually what I was interested in was maybe a slower speed that wasn't quite as slow as 2. 3 is plenty fast on the 600 IMO, but I worry about depth. Frankly, I'm just not finding many deep coins with the Nox like I did with my Multi Kruzer, and was wondering if Recovery speed 3 was costing me some depth, but 2 seems a bit slow to me. 1 is like using a Safari...

I bounce around between 5 and 50 tones and normally keep AM on since I want as much audio information as possible. I prefer Park 2 and normally keep Iron Bias off.

Do you have an Etrac or Explorer? Those machines go deep

Kapok said:
I can't imagine why I would need more speed than this? Actually what I was interested in was maybe a slower speed that wasn't quite as slow as 2. 3 is plenty fast on the 600 IMO, but I worry about depth. Frankly, I'm just not finding many deep coins with the Nox like I did with my Multi Kruzer, and was wondering if Recovery speed 3 was costing me some depth, but 2 seems a bit slow to me. 1 is like using a Safari...

Just stick with a setting of 2 on the 600. It goes impressively deep. Setting of 3 shortens the tones so much, you can skip hearing it. I never use 3 for my hunts. Just too fast.

5900_XL-1 said:
Just stick with a setting of 2 on the 600. It goes impressively deep. Setting of 3 shortens the tones so much, you can skip hearing it. I never use 3 for my hunts. Just too fast.
Thanks, I’ll do that.

I have both the 800 and 600. Park 2 and Field 2 are the deepest modes on the 600 and the difference between recovery speed 2 on the 600 and recovery speed 3 on the 600 was about 1.5 inches deeper with recovery speed 2 in my testing..
I prefer to hunt with 5 tones in really bad trashy areas. I can almost go nuts with 50 tones in those places. So, the additional audio options on the 800 give complete freedom for tone breaks, along with threshold pitch adjustment and pitch and volume adjustments for each target ID segment in 5 tones. Both of the Gold modes are great too even though they are not really true all metal, they are the least filtered of all of the modes and they go really deep and still give accurate numerical target ID and VCO audio.
The adjustable back light on the 800 is nice and so is the empty User Profile slot for setting up a customized saved program.

Jeff

Kapok said:

I hunt 5 tones and park 2 almost all the time I also use no discrimination and go slow the nox is a super machine in this setup for me!