Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jthreeb here!

jthreeb

Hey everyone! I'm jthreeb! I live in Orillia, Ontario Canada. I am a metal detectorist and a born again Christian! My 2 children Krystofer, Sharon and I started March of 2016 and were hooked! I now have an active facebook and twitter and a fully up and running youtube channel called "Jthreeb Metal Detecting"

My Youtube Channel

I have tons of videos, great finds, contests and give anyways! Please check out my channel and let me know what you think!

Welcome Jthreeb and congrats on your being born again in Christ and for discovering the hobby of metal detecting! I am unable to do it any longer because of health issues and my age of 81 but I know and remember how much fun I had doing it and being out in God's beautiful world digging up the hidden coins and treasures that ppl lose and have lost in the past! Nice to be able to spend time with your children and having good times with them! May God Bless you and yours! Will check out your you tube channel! :angel: Ma

Go find some cool stuff and post em up! :detecting:

Jthreeb....I watched some of your videos and your finds are a lot like I used to find when just beginning :detecting: One thing I would like to say is that digging big deep holes like that in the city parks here in the US would get you thrown out and the parks closed to detecting for anyone except big shots in the government! Please learn how to dig smaller holes and don't make such a mess with the soil...use a piece of cloth to place the soil on and then you can put it back in the hole and leave less signs of your diggings! Your daughter reminds me to my redheaded granddaughter when she was that age....she is grown now and has almost two grown sons of her own! Have fun but be neater in hunting and digging, especially public places! God Bless and hope you do well in continuing MD'ing and for our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen!

Thanks everyone for the welcoming messages and advice! And yes i need to make smaller plugs lol Working on getting a new, smaller shovel. I can only make them the size of the shovel, no smaller lol....anyways take care and God bless!

Yes, a much smaller shovel will help you dig better and make cleaner holes! God Bless on finding the goodies and having fun with your family! :angel: Ma

But I would recommend a small trowel sized digger. So many people now use shovels and so many places are getting shut down to detecting. We all need to be good stewards of the land, and preserve our hobby. :detecting:

Yes, I meant a small digger and not a smaller shovel! This is all that is needed to use in manicured lawns and parks! But wherever :detecting: is done, we must fill our holes and try to make it look like we haven't been there at all as much as possible! :angel: Ma