Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jesus Calls Levi And Eats With Sinners

I missed going to Worship because I picked up a cold. My pastor is doing a series in Mark, so I know which verses he would have used for his sermon. Please share your beliefs concerning this passage.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+2%3A13-17&version=NIV

If you prefer to read your own Bible, it is Mark 2:13-17

I believe Jesus ate with the likes of them so he could speak to their hearts and find new believers.

What better time to speak to them than when eating & He has their attention! Who doesn't like to eat with company & Jesus was followed by many & they were willing to listen!

I'm going to try to get the pastor's points on this. I'm with you all on all your replies. I think between us all we have the sermon. I have one more thing that's more of a question or questions.

I know that in those times the tax collectors were viewed by the Jewish people as pretty low. Because they,(tax collectors) were like traitors. They collected taxes from their fellow Jews for the oppressing Romans plus they padded it so they could make money. The Romans looked down upon them because, well they were Jews. We (Christians) are all sinners and combined our sins are varied from telling lies to adultery to murder and everything in between. Do you suppose the "world" looks down upon us (Christians) today (actually, through all times) like they did back then? When we speak about the gospel and what we've been rescued from, does that make them think and draw them near? Or do they scoff and walk away? Or both? Do you suppose this was Jesus living out a "parable" and letting his believers know that this is how it's going to be until he returns?

Well, SIS Digger, the Atheists do & if we don't live our faith the world will let us know, for a Christian should not willfully sin after saved & eating the meat of God's Holy Word--Obedience is better than sacrifice! FB is full of those who cram their sinful ways down our throats; especially when it comes to their distaste for Trump--even those who call themselves Christians but don't bear good fruit for Jesus! SIS Ma Betty!

Missouri Ma Betty22 said:
Well, SIS Digger, the Atheists do & if we don't live our faith the world will let us know, for a Christian should not willfully sin after saved & eating the meat of God's Holy Word--Obedience is better than sacrifice! FB is full of those who cram their sinful ways down our throats; especially when it comes to their distaste for Trump--even those who call themselves Christians but don't bear good fruit for Jesus! SIS Ma Betty!

Amen Ma! I think I see at least three additional sermon topics in what you just said! Praise the Lord! I am really grateful to have found this forum with brother's and sister's in Christ.

I forgot to say it in my last post, but, thank you all for helping me get the sermon.

I think it is so precious that we can come together over the gospel.

Sis digger!

From personal experience. I believe in many cases non Christians think that we think we are better than them. They often think that being a Christian means you have to live a spotless sinless life. (though we should live by Christ's example) When we do mess up they see us as hypocrites. This is simply because they don't understand Christianity. Therefore they fear it. That being said, the same goes for many professed Christians. This all reminds me of two political parties! Many signs show that things will only get worse for us Christians. We have to stand firm and continue to spread the gospel. ((( By the way, many won't read you question because it is a reply to your own post. )))) I will post a tutorial on how to do correctly so everyone will see it.

Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite passages. It's amazing how many times Jesus pointed out, to the religious leaders, what His mission was but they didn't get it. They were so busy trying to keep the law that they lost sight of God's love and purpose for them.