Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jesus and the Book of Revelation for April 14-20

Sunday:

Read 1 Corinthians 10:1-11. In these verses how do we see the principle talked about above?

These verses remind us of the ways God's chosen people continually messed up as they were being led to the Promised Land and states that they are examples for us to learn from. There will be times when we will be tempted. We are to learn from the past so that we don't make the same mistakes.

Read Revelation 12:1-17. Where should we place this chapter, historical or end events, and why?

Both. It ties them together.

It has been said that one of the lessons we learn from history is that we never learn from history. The idea is that regardless of when they live, people keep making the same mistakes. With so much history behind us to learn from, how can we avoid making the same mistakes?

Read, study our Bibles.

Monday:

Read the following texts, which have various names for Jesus in them and in some cases descriptions of Him and what He has done, is doing, or will do. What do the texts teach us about Jesus?

Rev. 1:5
- Jesus taught God's plan, ways and will even unto His death. He was the first to be resurrected from the death and stay resurrected. He is Omnipotent.

Rev. 1:18 - He has conquered death and lives forever and He has dominion over death and who shall go to heaven or hell.

Rev. 5:8 - He is the King of kings

Rev. 19:11-15 - He is faithful and true, He judges and is Ruler over all.

Rev. 21:6 - Alpha and Omega - The Begining and the End

How can we learn day by day to make the life, death, resurrection, and the return of Jesus the central focus of our own existence and the foundation for the moral choices we make? By reading His Word daily. By praying. By praising Him. Speak your prayers and praises out loud.

~Sis Digger

Yes, Sis Digger, I agree that the scriptures are tied together & have a double meaning, for they refer to the beginning, Satan's fall to earth & the great tribulation referring to the end! I believe Jesus is returning for His faithful saints during the second half ( 3-1/2 years) of the tribulation with the birth pangs getting closer & closer for our Resurrection & then the anti- Christ will be known who he is! We must be ready, staying ready & be patient for Jesus to come & catch us away, for no one knows the day nor the hour for us to be taken out of this world in the twinkling of an eye--now that is supernatural speed & no time for repentance & forgiveness of our sins & salvation of our souls then! Sis Ma

Amen, Sister!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I struggle with comprehension when I read. So, I have been reading the whole book of Revelation this week. It's been a long time since I read this. You know how sometimes you go back and read something in the Bible that you have read before, and something totally new speaks to you? Well, I had that happen.

In Revelation 2, the second half of the verse:
"He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death."

My questions:

Does that mean that our actual death will not hurt? Like we won't feel it? I don't know if I can explain this? Is there an actual pain that unsaved people feel when they die?

And I'm thinking like those who are persecuted, for example, when there is a shooter telling someone to deny Christ and the person stays faithful to God unto their death. Is that person spared the pain?

And I'm thinking like this:
That it means he who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death because they will be in heaven and not hell.

IDK... it just has me thinking.

Any thoughts or comments?

I have another one, but I'll save it for later.

Sis Digger

Hello Sis Digger, The way I understand concerning the second death is: it is the punishment that sinners receive in The Lake of Fire--they will be tortured with their memories of sinning against God & not receiving Jesus as their Lord & savior (for the worm never dies--their minds & souls tormented)! When we as God's Children go with Jesus on our Resurrection Day, if we have died mortally before His catching His own up & away or if we are still living (we will receive our new Glorious Bodies & live in Jesus' joy, peace & love to never die again --which be the second death)!

There will be no more sadness, pain, tears or sorrow for all our tears are wiped away, BUT those sentenced to the second death's torment & punishment will suffer because their soul's memory never dies! Many claim they are burned up & are no more but I don't believe this, for it says there is no way of escape for them as their tormenting smoke goes up before God & His angels forever & because of the wide gulf between them & those (born again believers) with our Heavenly Father, Who is God born in the flesh as Jesus, Who knew no sin; so in His perfectness He could bear everyone's sins!

That is why Jesus died so painfully & suffered for all sinners & there is no excuse the lost can give to not be saved for Jesus suffered & died more than anyone ever has or will, for Jesus bore all our sins upon Himself & by His stripes we are healed & saved by His Holy Spirit--that is why we need to believe in Him, repent of all our sins & live in obedience to God's Holy Word so we can arise & be with Him in His Glorious Kingdom, called new Jerusalem, forever more!

The first death (mortal) can be painful depending on how they die & whether drugged or under a Dr's care & etc--I am sure being shot, dying in fire & so forth can be very painful but we are only sentenced to die once & then God's judgement & if anyone's name isn't found in His Book of Life, they are cast into the Lake of Fire--only true believers have a reservation to inherit with Jesus the beautiful Kingdom of God our Heavenly father!!! I welcome others' opinions as this mine, the best that I understand the Revelations! Sis Ma

Your quote here, Ma:
There will be no more sadness, pain, tears or sorrow for all our tears are wiped away, BUT those sentenced to the second death's torment & punishment will suffer because their soul's memory never dies! Many claim they are burned up & are no more but I don't believe this, for it says there is no way of escape for them as their tormenting smoke goes up before God & His angels forever & because of the wide gulf between them & those (born again believers) with our Heavenly Father, Who is God born in the flesh as Jesus, Who knew no sin; so in His perfectness He could bear everyone's sins!

I can remember the first time I learned that those who are going to hell will be burning for eternity. Big reality check for me! I was already maturing in Christ at the time. But it still shocked me. Big time shame that the "world" has softened this blow! But, God is in control and I know it is His plan. I know that I can correct anyone who casually says, "I'm going to hell for that one." That may just change their ways.

Thanks for contributing your insight. Makes sense to me.

Sis digger

Thank you, Sis Digger, but we each need to study the Bible & seek the truth for ourselves by asking God's Holy Spirit to help us understand & to lead us into all truth of the meaning of His Holy Word--ask and you will receive: seek & ye shall find! When I was truly saved & rec the Baptism of God's Holy Spirit it was like the Bible just opened up before my eyes & gave me understanding where before it was like reading a book with just words until Jesus gave me Revelation of what the words truly meant! You know on FB those who don't have a personal relationship with Jesus call the Bible a Fairy Tale Book & that it is nonsense--But only if they could see & read it through His eyes--What a wonderful sacrifice He did for us that we might have life & have it more abundantly & works His wonders in our lives!! Sis Ma

Tuesday:

What does the open door represent? Where is this scene located? Jesus. Heaven. No one enters the kingdom of heave except through him.

What is the significance of the fact that as the heavenly temple was opened, John could see the ark of His covenant, which sat in the second apartment of the earthly sanctuary, appears?
The ark contains the first covenant God made with His people (old testament). The Gospel of Jesus is the second covenant God made (the New Testament). The two covenants are tied together. You can't have the new without the old.

Wednesday:

What do these verses teach us about Jesus? "who is and who was and who is to come, " Jesus was in the beginning, He came to earth and walked with men, He lives in Heaven. The beginning and the end. Alpha and Omega. He is faithful witness to God and His covenant. He is the first one to die and the be resurrected to Heaven. He loves His people so much that He died for us and by His blood washed our sins away so that we may be children of God, His kings and priests, to serve and praise Him forever and ever.

In Revelation 1:5, we have been given a clear reference to Christ as the Redeemer. “To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood” (NKJV) points to His atoning death on the cross. He has not only justified us but sanctified us, as well (1 Cor. 6:11). In texts like this we can find assurance of salvation, because it shows us that Jesus is the One who washes away our sins. We certainly can’t do it ourselves. Read Revelation 1:7. What does this teach us about Jesus? He's coming again! Then everyone will know the truth.

What does Revelation 1:8 teach us about Jesus? What hope can we find in this verse that can give us comfort amid whatever trials we are facing?
The beginning and the end. Alpha and Omega. He is in control.

Thursday:

Read Revelation 1:10-18. What does Jesus say about Himself there?

“Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."

Read Revelation 22:7, 12, 13. What do these verses reveal about Jesus, as well?

He is coming and He is coming quickly (like a thief in the night).

What are ways, every day, that we can keep Jesus the center of our lives?
Pray, read the Bible, and in everything you do, do it to glorify our Lord.

Friday:

Discussion Questions:

What does the fact that all through the New Testament constant reference is made to the Old Testament mean for us? What should it tell us about how central Scripture should be to our faith and how seriously we must take the Word of God? How can we protect ourselves against any and all attempts to lessen the authority of the Scriptures in our personal lives and in the life of the church?
Skim through the book of Revelation and collect as many other texts as you can that talk specifically about Jesus. In class, read the texts aloud. What else do they reveal to you about the nature, work, power, and character of our Lord? What comfort do you derive from what these texts reveal?
In a world of death how can we learn to find hope and comfort in the promise of the resurrection of the dead?

As I have already said. The Old and New Treatments go hand in hand. We are given the law on how we are supposed to live. We are also given Grace and Mercy when we fail to live according to those laws. We need to keep reading and studying the Word and as the scripture states, and Ma has reiterated, the truth will be revealed to those who are redeemed. And I should've waited for my questions about the second death until the end here. Yes, praise God, we are saved from burning for eternity!
As for that last question: Personally, I agree with what my pastor says, "I'm not afraid to die, it's the 'getting there' that bothers me."
As for others, God knows their heart. God has chosen His people, it's not my choice.I pray to God to have mercy on their souls and accept that it's not something I have control over. It's according to His Will.

Whew! Praise the Lord! He brought me through all 22 chapters this week!:clap:

Good words of questions answered according to Scripture--You are showing yourself by studying diligently & seeking God's TRUTH written in the Bible, His holy Word, that you are an approved workman of His! :clapping: :thumbup: Sis Ma