Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JB's Mississippi Bigfoot Story

Royal

One Saturday afternoon in early November of 1967 my wife, daugther and I went to visit her oldest brother Charles. Charles lived just west of Nettleton, a small town about 10 miles from where I live, and just east of large stream named Town Creek. Charles wasn't home, his wife said he was hunting and since it was deer season I assumed that was what he was hunting.

About 20 minutes later he came in and I asked if he got a deer. He replied that he hadn't been deer hunting, he and some of the deer hunting club members had been hunting a Bigfoot. I laughed and said there aren't any Bigfoot around here. I thought he was joking but he wasn't. Seems two members of his hunting club had seen one on the south bank of Town Creek about 3 miles south of his house and he and some of the club members had been hunting it after work every day. I knew the two club members who claimed to have seen the Bigfoot, knew them to be fairly honest and truthful, and figured they had seen something but no way did they see a Bigfoot. I was still poking fun at Charles when we left but he was dead serious. The next weekend Charles and his family came to visit us. The first thing I did was ask him if they had shot the Bigfoot yet. He grinned sheepishly and said there wasn't one.

About a quarter mile south of where the Bigfoot was sighted is a large hill, in the mid 1800's an old town named Carmargo was on the hill but in 1967 the only house there belonged to Sam Seymore. Sam was a bootlegger, a very successful one and made a lot of money plying his trade. He was a big man and had two sons bigger then he was, both were in the 6'5"-6'6" range. Herman, the oldest, weighed about 250 and was a school teacher, John weighed at least 280 and never did anything much except help Sam bootleg and act as a bouncer when someone got rowdy. John was also a member of the hunting club and involved in the Bigfoot hunt. Turned out that Sam kept some his beer and whiskey stashed down by Town Creek so the law wouldn't find it. Just before dark on the day of the Bigfoot sighting John had been playing with his two young, pre-school age nephews. John put on a Gorilla mask one of the older kids had used when trick or treating during the recent Halloween and was acting silly trying to scare them. Sam told him to go down to the creek and bring back a case of beer, John went to get the beer but didn't take the mask off. The two hunting club members, who had been hunting on the north side of the creek, was walking out because it was to late to hunt and saw him. In the dim light all they could see was a huge something. There was enough light they could tell it was walking upright like a man and had a head that looked more like a monkey than like a human.

After an afterwork hunt on Thursday of the second week of hunting Bigfoot some of the hunting club members, including John, my brother-in-law Charles and the two guys who had seen it, were sitting at Sam's drinking beer and talking about the Bigfoot and the hunt. For the umpteenth time someone asked the guys who had seen it what it looked like. One of the guys told them it looked to be about as tall as John, maybe a little bigger, had a head kinda like a gorilla and then added something he and the other "witness" hadn't mentioned before. The bigfoot looked like it was carrying something, maybe a box or at least something that looked like a box. That's when it hit John that he was the bigfoot, they had seen him getting the case of beer.

Charles was kinda embarrassed that he actually believed it was a Bigfoot, but the funniest part was that John hunted it along with the rest of the club for over a week before he found out he was the Bigfoot that had been sighted. He was very fortunate that one of the two guys who saw him didn't shoot him.

what makes life fun. You sure got a way of telling a story too!!

of stories get started huh? That is sooo funny! Anyone seen the lochness monster lately? :lol:

Thanks for the good story JB

Lil Brother:)

I would bet that most of the sightings have explanations that are logical, but the human mind isn't always logical when an unusual event occurs. A short story I heard my mother tell several times is a good illustration. In 1917, when she was 8 years, old my grandfather lived on a hill, 200 yards away his brother, my great uncle, lived on another hill. There was a gully between their houses the road went through. My grandmother was cooking supper one night, needed some sugar and didn't have any. She told my mother to go over and borrow a cup from my great aunt. When mother started back home with the sugar it was almost dark, she could see the road and shapes but no details. However, beside the road at the bottom of the gully she clearly saw a bear standing on it's back feet, moving it's head and waving it's paws around. She ran back up the hill and told my great uncle. He had a lever action 30-30 rifle so he took it and shot the bear several times, but it kept standing on it's back feet waving it's paws around. Grandpa heard the shooting, took a lantern and went to see what it was about. Turns out the bear was what was left of a broken tree trunk about 8 feet tall that had partially burned and charred black. They had walked past it everyday for two years hardly noticing it, but when the circumstance was right it turned into a bear. We are all that way to some extent, our mind doesn't always translate what our eyes see correctly :).

It reminded me of the time many years ago that a friend and I decided that we were going to be famous by spotting and taking a picture of a Bigfoot. The friend was going to be the Bigfoot and I would take the pictures. We decided that just before dark, we would wait for a car to come down the road, then the Bigfoot would cross the road in front of the car, thus there would be a witness to go with the photos. We decided against doing this prank when my friend asked me, "What if it is a pickup truck with two deer hunters coming down the road?"

JB, thanks for posting this well written story, it brought back some good memories. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

rent a gorilla suit this past halloween and run past my brother's deer stand, but then I figured that he might stick an arrow in my azz! Maybe next year BEFORE hunting season.