Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've been told that

And if you learn the audio variances of your unit may cut down the odds...Don't forget that foil area as that where the thin womans rings are with nice stones...

that have a higher probability of having rings lost. Obviously, beaches and in the water are the #1, and for me, sandpit/woodchip playgrounds are #2, and sports fields being #3. Yes, you do have to dig the tabs to get the gold, but in some areas, I don't mind digging lots of tabs, especially when I'm finding gold there, or at least have found gold there in the past.

HH from Allen in MI

I read somewhere 1,000 to 1, but again as Allen aludes to depends what type of area you are hunting as give me a water machine and a friendly swimming area and I will find a gold ring perhaps a wedding ring which by far is the one most found in such areas..

I've got a measely 34 pieces of gold jewelry since I started hunting. 17 of those are from the water. Of those, 6 are definite wedding bands, and one possible wedding band. The rest either have stones, or a motif of some sorts, and one of the water gold goodies is a crucifix.

Of course, I've only been water hunting for 4 years now, and haven't really gotten into water hunting until the last two years when I purchased a CZ-20. Some of the die-hard water hunters may have different ratios than I do.

That said, I've been hunting a sports complex at a local school the past few weeks. I've been making an effort to dig lots of pulltab signals, searching for some good jewelry. I did manage to recover 4 pieces of jewelry, all of it junk, but all rang in as a pulltab. I've probably only recovered 30 pulltabs total, and out of that, 4 have been jewelry. I'd say that's pretty good.

HH from Allen in MI