Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'VE BEEN THINKIN ABOUT RETIRING

Cupajo

A few days back I got to thinking about retiring. After working as a plumbing contractor for 35 years, in industry and the military for another 15 years, I

n/t

If you wait until you can afford it, it won't ever happen.

I retired 30 Sep and will stay that way until the Lord calls me home. It's like decaf coffee. Imagine your doctor tells you to drink nothing but decaf. So for five years, you do not fudge. Decaf after decaf after decaf. Then one day you go to a friend's house who does not know your decaf fate. He slips in a cup of the 100% real thang!!!!!! Man~ you don't have to get used to it. It's just GREAT STUFF!!!

Well, I didn't have to get USED to retirement...getting up when I want; going to bed when I want. Going fishing when I want (I stayed on the lake yesterday and witnessed a flaming crimson sunrise from the git-go and the moodiest of Arkansas sunsets at day's end. In between I watched a majestic bald eagle catch more fish than myself. For good measure, I fished until 2 1/2 hours after dark, just trolling along on the 21' Sweetwater pontoon--on a MONDAY...when no one else was on the lake, beautiful Lake Ouachita (Wa she taw) was all mine for 13 hours.

Yup, did I say that I likes retirement????? You better believe it buddy. With a new fishin' rig, the grand kids, good health, a bottle of Aleve and the good Lord's blessings, there is no other way for ole' AJ. Don't wait too long...some say that life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer to the end you get, the faster it goes! Don't flame out before you get the chance to really enjoy your life. <><

Blessin's to you and yours,

aj

one single minute! I wish my dang house would sell for sure and I wish I had saved more money.

...is losing 20 or 25 more pounds so I can get my azz into a quality wet suit. I have that nice hookah and can't use it except when the water is tolerable for swimming. But I'm working on it. I retired weighing 238. I'm now at 219 and hope to be down another 20 by April. Maybe then I can find a decent suit and hit the water more. I used it six or seven times before the water got too cold and found nice stuff every time--and I'm not diving more than 15 feet, if that.

I'm one of those rare birds that has had no credit card debt for years and that frees a man to do many things! I learned, in my younger years, how debilitating they (credit cards) can be. They are truly a scourge to our society. But not having them is a big plus and has allowed me to check out of the net when I wanted to, fer sur.

Well, got a few 'honey do's' to accomplish before Virginia gets home from work. ...and her working is part of my retirement plan donchaknow. > tsk, tsk <

aj

Have a hard time finding one that has enough stretch to accomodate my archetecture (Read "large front porch"). I gotta feeling it would leave me looking sorta like that anaconda I saw yesterday on the net after it had swallowed a large pig! Guess I could go night diving--------, I wonder how some of that spray on foam insulation might work?

Cupajo

if you keep going. I have no idea what your commitments are but if they are things, sell some things. I worked 42 years and have had three wives but still manage to enjoy life. You owe it to YOU!!

As long as i am physically able I will continue to help those folk that depended on me for so many years. That is my biggest commitment!

I do have to pick and choose the jobs now, because there are some things that are too demanding of the old bod. I am, in effect, semi-retired.

As a repairman with many years experience I am able to charge top dollar and work fewer hours and I'm grateful for that. If I had to keep the pace I used to it would likely kill me!

Cupajo

Well Friends,

I have figured out a way to keep making money for my wife after I'm dead for three or four years!!!

I'm gonna compile all these posts into a book and she can live on the royalties for the rest of her life!!!

Of course that will only happen if each of you dear readers will buy a copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cupajo