Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IT'S HERE THE EXCALIBUR HAS ARRIVED!

MrPirate

After sitting around all day with an ear tuned for the big brown truck, my Excalibur has arrived. It is now charging and waiting to go. I think I will have to get a straight shaft or get forearms like Popye to use the original shaft.

I will probably use the hip mount for a while due to a herniated disc in the neck. I have read some of the posts about Nimh battery packs. Has anyone built a submersible one? If so I would like to know how. I was going to call Minelab and see if I can get the submersible battery holder with out the battery,we'll have to see how that goes. I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all the help you have provided.

I have been out of the hobby for about five years and I am looking forward to hitting some of the beaches here in Miami. I have some out of the way spots I have been dying to search and some underwater spots where some wrecks that I know of are sitting. I will post some of my finds as soon as I get a chance.

Thank and good luck to all
Mark

I hip mounted mine and it has been awesome, barely any weight!

As for batteries, just buy a Sunray Excal battery pod. They are Nimh, don't have a memory like the crappy NiCad's and the Sunray pack will last approx. 30 hrs on a single charge!

I also have the 15" WOT coil and love it, it's hard to swing through the water due to it's size, but on the damp sand it's a killer!!

Good luck and look forward to your posts with pics!!
-Rich

They involve a belt, suspenders, etc.
I experimented with mine and a single strap. Found out I can duplicate anything sold for nothing.
Take a cord, strap, whatever, and secure it to your detector shaft about where the box joins. Then run the cord over your right shoulder, across and down your lower left back and secure it with a clip, knot, whatever to your belt loop between your left rear and front pockets.
Fine tune the length to suit your size and frame, and when done properly, the detector will actually hover right where you want it!!!
Then a little practice using it, and say goodbye to arm and shoulder aches.
This is supposed to be fun, not painful.
See ya on the beach. Jim (118 days to go).:detecting: