Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Italy here I come

Finally leaving for Italy on Saturday for a 2 weeks tour in Lignano Sabbiadoro. It might be sanded in, but heck, what else is a detectorist to do - so I'll hit the water anyways. I'll let you know, how I did or when I finally gave up.

Luckily I live in Bavaria, Germany, so I only live about 550km from the Italian beaches. We have school hollidays for pentacost, so off we go!

I always wanted to go to Italy. My roots are there.

Are you shure you are allowed to detect there?

.... some type of detecting license and a "state archie" with you just in case you might happen to find Nero's or Cesar's lost high school class ring.

I was told of very serious restrictions and big time legal issues / equipment confiscation from some Italian guy who used to winter here in SW Fla. He owned a dive shop in Italy and was looking to buy a water machine from me and "smuggle" it it since they were not available in Italy as far as he knew at that time. You might want to check b4 losing your machine and perhaps getting placed in confinement.