Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It was nice yesterday and Mary and I

Royal

went to a local park. She wanted to roller blade and I wanted to do a little bugging.

She drove and since she did not have any OFF in her car, we could not spray down. We should have gone back to get some.

We get to the park and she starts putting on her skates and I head for the woods, camera in hand.

I don't really understand what the reason was but I had a heck of a time finding anythng to shoot. There were millions of flowers in bloom but I didn't see one honey bee. Iwas wondering if they had sprayed for insects but since this was a nature preserve, I didn't figure they did. The fact that the dang skeeters were eating me alive should have given me enough information to know that there was no spraying going on too. There were plenty of skeeters and horse flys!

I got back to the parking area before Mary did, as she was skating the 8 mile trail. I sat at a picnic table and waited. I looked down and there was a butterfly in the grass. He sure looked sorry and I thought he was dead. I finally reached down and picked it up and saw it was alive but I think it had just about run out its string. Sorry looking sucker.

This is a picture of it. Not great but what the heck, it didn't look all that great either.

The other one is just some bug I happened to see and snapped a shot.

It was good to get out though, even though I am itching like heck now :D

n/t

I suspect that another reason there are not many bugs at the moment is because the bugs are sleeping during the day time because of the heat and birds. They may only be coming out at night to eat.

We have some Purple Martin birds that will eat those sketters. Thanks for posting the bug pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t