Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IT"S HERE

MADCLADDER

Just put together my new XTERRA705. Unwrapped my Lesche digger and pro-pionter. Did the control cover mod. ( thanks MoRelic ) WOW this machine is LIGHT! what a difference from the MXT I had. I am off to the military surplus store to look for a belt and two pouches. I wont post the dealers name here unless I know it's allowed. If it is please let me know!

( Of course I cant find any batteries ) :rofl:

Congratulations on the new procurement!
I hope that you have weather that will permit getting out.

It's too cold here now. Ground is frozen, and tonight's low is supposed to be single digit.
lingua3.gif

Thanks guys, It's a bit to cold for my blood here. I will use this time to learn the controls and settings. Come on warm weather!!!!!

Yeah come on.....cant wait for spring...
All this finds,waiting to be unearthed.

Mike

Between Detecting, my motorcycle, and fly fishing, winter triple sucks. I need and Intdoor, crappy weather hobby.

Congrats- got my 705 last week- just as my work load increased. Even on a 55 degree day. Hope to get to try it today.
Warning in book about NOT turning it on inside kept me from messing with it.

You should have a few crappy weather hobbies-tying flies (I tye teasers for the surf) cleaning finds (except old coins) and researching places to fish & MD.

MADCLADDER said:
Between Detecting, my motorcycle, and fly fishing, winter triple sucks. I need and Intdoor, crappy weather hobby.
We're a lot alike, only I have horses to ride too.
My bikes(3) are in the basement where I can work on 'em over winter.
I also hunt. So part of winter I hunt, and part of it I build arrows and reload ammo.
onguard.gif

And since I burn wood for heat, I spend some time cutting and splitting.
LumberJack_long_1.gif

In between all that, I still have to work. Retirement is 5yrs off, and the trouble that I have, is making time for all my hobbies. Work keeps getting in the way.
farrier-1.gif

Fly tying :rofl: I just got my tying station set up. I will survive winter ok, I just prefer being outdoors.

toys she calls them, get brought into the basement TV room so I can mess with them in comfort. Winter is spent pining to get outside while, working on my bike(s), pheasant and rabbit hunting, working out so I can still bend over in the spring, and RESEARCHING for old sites to MD. That is fun but frustrating as it really gets the juices flowing to get outside and detect. I am heading out during the afternoon this weekend to see if my new 705 works. Never detected in January before so really looking forward to it. Good luck and HH to y'all. Bob.

Supposed to warm up to about 60 tomorrow. I might try that old farmhouse. I really need to learn the research part of detecting.

Researching, and even as important, SCOUTING this time of year. This is the time of year that you can lay out a few good detecting spots. You will never see these spots come late spring or summer. Picking out the pines, recognizing patterns in the ground, stone walls that can't be seen in summer, all are evident this time of year.

Well now that's a dang good reason to fire up the motorcycle and do some back road riding. See and old farmhouse, perhaps someone is outside, explain what I am looking for and ya never know might get permission or at least some leads.

I was going to start a new thread about my first outing. But it would be a waste. I got through the menu and managed to ground balance it. Found two buried aluminum cans, the wind pick up, the temp went down and the cold ran me out. My machine will set till it warms up. I'll hook up with Morelic for some lessons. On another note I have been bitten by the civil war bug. Been looking at Missouri history and have located a few places in Carthage that my Uncle is trying to get me permission to hunt. I'll be saving these sites till I learn the machine. Until then I will live through you warm weather folks