Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It now appears that Hurricane Rita is heading for the Texas Gulf coast...............

Kelley (Texas)

It is predicted that it will land somewhere between Houston and Corpus Christi, Texas. I wonder why we are having so many hurricanes these last few years? I hope that this storm will just die out in the Gulf, just sorta go away. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i wish the destructive nature of it would miss the coast.one prediction was it might hit around galveston,.if it hit there we would probably get some rain from it.most of the counties around here have been under an outside burn ban for about three months,we sure could use the rain.

n/t

n/t

He lives just a short distance from the coast where it is expected to hit.

My folks were living in Portland, Texas, which is across the bay from Corpus Christi, when a large hurricane hit that area in the late 1970's. Their house substained heavy damage and they eventually moved to San Antonio. It is unbelievable the damage one of those storms can do. Thanks for your concern, but we should be OK unless we get lots of rain and flooding. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I REALLY appreciate the offer, but my company is putting us up down south. Will keep ya posted. Thanks again Fred....It's people like you that still give us faith in this ol' world of ours. Kieth

It appears that this hurricane will be a nasty one, very dangerous. Please be careful. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

The hurricane will possibly hit some where between Houston and Corpus Christi, but it depends on a high pressure area over South Texas at the moment. If the high pressure area moves East, it could change the course of the hurricane North towards the upper Texas coast.

I kinda think that after what happened in New Orleans folks are more prepared and will hopefully move out of the danger zones. What is making it difficult for Texas is the lack of motel rooms because so many people from New Oreans are still here...not many rooms or places to stay.

Let me know if you make contact with your Sister...let me know if you want me to try and make contact with her. Kelley (Texas)

I would think they'd be smart and head out east toward our hometown, Crowley, LA.

Here's a map of their location in relation to Houston and Galveston.

[attachment 7173 baytown.JPG]

This is a pic of the shore of their property. They fish the bay waters for shrimp, flounder, redfish and trout. That her hubby and his brother in fishing boats (middle of picture). I beleive this is looking toward Galveston. They have every cent and dime sunk in all that property - the boats, the dock, the nets, house & boathouses, trucks...Man! So I wonder if they'd leave it!

[attachment 7174 BaytownWells.jpg]

n/t

the weatherman man says we should get some good winds,were about 240 miles north of it's projected landfall.hope it doesn't tear up to much stuff on the coast.