Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is so hot down here that the water is boiling in the bird bath out back...................

Kelley (Texas)

It is not noon yet and the temperature is already at 98 degrees. You know it is hot when you see the neighborhood cat and the birds all sharing the shade of the large oak tree, all of them spread out just inches apart...the cat is not interested in eating a bird at the moment, only interested in surviving the heat. It does no good to turn on the water because only steam comes out the end of the water hose. I hear tell of folks finding snakes in their homes, sleeping under the air conditioning vents. In a few minutes I will probably take some ice cubes and put them in the bird bath...should make the birds happy. Yep, it is hot down here in South Texas at the moment. Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

Lots of idjits out there today. I had to help a couple guys that tipped over. One for the 4th time today. Lots of hotties on the river but I never looked at them. :D

It was in the upper 90's here the other day and that sucks if you can not get any relief.

Stay cool buddy

Same for tomorrow. Say, how did you know that there were lots of hotties on the river, Mary tell you? :rofl: :rofl: Kelley (Texas) :)

be really nice if you kept it there, i could not stand it for long, different when i was young:biggrin:
Some peeps will set out in the sun and love it but i wonder if maybe they were in the sun too long:rofl:

This heat slows you down from doing outdoor fun things. It is a little more difficult to ride in this type of weather...especially with the heat being reflected off the road. I have been researching an old ghost town where four men were killed inside of a general store. I think I know where it is located, but it is approximately a two hundred and seventy-five mile round trip...kinda difficult riding that distance in this heat. Oh well, I will just have to roll with the punches and do the best that I can until cooler weather returns in October or November. Kelley (Texas) :)

James Michner (SP?) said that the Devil takes up residence in July, August, and September!

Is he early this year?

CJ

it being this hot and this dry so early in the summer season. Cupajo, we did not have much of a winter down here this past winter...I do not believe it ever got down to the freezing mark. I wonder if this is the beginning of another "Dust Bowl." I may try to leave the house in the morning around seven and take a short ride to some site that is not as far...better than doing nothing, right? Kelley (Texas) :)

but you can have the summer, i would not be able to do anything in that heat! Your winter would be like summer to me;)

Hi Fred,

A few minutes ago I spoke to a young man and his wife from Texas that are renting a few doors down.

He is in the Navy here.

They told me that the temps got to 108-110 degrees at San Antonio yesterday!

The jet stream has been stalled in a pattern over the north eastern part of the country that back in the '50s caused some of the coldest summer temps ever for this part of the country.

Last night the local weather forcast showed temps in the high 50s and they have been in the high fifties to the low seventies on average so far!

We have had rain nearly every day since May with short periods of sporatic sunshine when it seemed very hot because of the humidity.

If only we could share one anothers weather and sort of even things out a bit!!!

One year back in the eighties my wife and I visited relatives outside Gonzales and the temps were unusually cool and lots of rain and the wildflowers were blooming in August!!

It's a shame we can't save some of that for times like this!!

Hope things cool off for you soon Friend,

CJ

n/t