Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is one hot day today, at least for Michigan :D

Royal

95 degrees and if you think about it, that is 125 degrees warmer than it was a few mornings this last winter.

There is a spot on the Cut River that I have been wanting to snorkel. It is a nice hole that many people fish and rather swift. The hole is over my head and there just had to be a lot of fishing tackle in there, since there are many logs and such. I have gone over there every day and there was always someone fishing. It is so hot today and a week day so I figured I would go take a look.

As luck would have it today nobody was there. I parked the truck and put my cutting pliers in my bathing suit pocket. I knew I would have a bunch of lures and fishing line to tangle myself in and I was sure right.

I worked myself to the downstream side of the hole where there were many logs and snags, put on the mask and snorkel and under I went. Dnag mask leaked like it was built to leak, I had not trimmed my mustache and had a lousy seal. Oh well, not the first time.

First think I knew I had fishing line tangled around my legs. I looked and got out my pliers and started a cutting. I trimmed all the line I could find in the imediate area and gathered a few lures, rapallas, spinner baits and such. Not a lot but I grabbed a jar off bottom and tossed them in there for the ride. I did find a spinning rod and reel too, I forgot about that. I have to go clean it up when I finish this post.

The water was only up to my chest and I was able to walk with my face in the water for the most part but the problem was with the dang current. It kept pushing me around and I kept getting my legs tangled up in fishing line. I grabbed some and tried pulling it loose but got a hook in my finger on several occasions for my efforts. I broke out the pliers again.

I worked myself around the hole and got above it and looked. Nice bass down there, smallmouth! Lots of minnows too. The bass were all around them and I am not sure if it was the basses fry. There were about six bass for every mass of minnows so I doubt it was their fry, I suspect they might have been eating them.

I made a couple circuits around the hole and dove down into it a couple times. I thought it would have been nice to have brought along my Tachyon camera so I could have tried it out. Then I remembered I had! Dang, I thunk, the water was not as clear as it usually is but it would be a nice place to try it out.

I went up to the truck and got it out and headed back to the water.

This short video is what resulted. Gimme a break her fellas :D. I am learning and one thing I have learned from looking at my efforts is to go SLOWER. My panning is too fast and I have to give more time to my subjects, follow the fish. A lot of the jerking around is because of the current jerking ME around, some is because I was still stumbling over logs and snags and got myself tangled in fishing line a couple more times.

I hope the videos improve and am sure they will as I gain experience. One problem is the fact that I do not have a view finder and have no clue what the hell I am getting until I get it home and on the computer. It is what it is:shrug:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg6dlu5xHH4[/video]

n/t

What do you do with the fishing lures and gear that you find...keep it for future use? That water appeared to be clear with a rocky type bottom, no mud like down here on the stock tanks. I enjoyed your story and film...Thank You! Kelley (Texas) :)

the bottom is sandy with lots of rocks. You don't get much mud on the bottom of fast moving water except on the insides of the bends. It builds up there some times.

The water gets much clearer than that in the cut. I will get some video when it does.

Thanks for the kind words buddy. I am just trying different things with it and learning what to do wrong it seems.

I went for a ride this morning with my bicycle on the trail around Marl lake but I had the dang camera aimed wrong and there were so many roots on the trail that I bounced all over the place and the video was not watchable. Shame too as it was just beautiful back in the woods. I got lost and worked my butt off finding my way out :D

Reasonable price for a waterproof camera, and easy to use! Looks like a future purchase coming up!

very agressive but harmless.

I saw a DNR guy there yesterday and we talked a while. He was baiting a Bear Hair Trap. I asked him what that was and he said they wrap a tree with barbed wire, hang a bait up the tree and when the bear climbs the tree he loses hair on the wire. The DNR then does a DNA test on it and it gives them information on the travels of the bear when one is brought into the check station during season. It was interesting. He said that the bear were very common in the area but rarely seen

Wish that I could see your video... But it certainly sounds as though you are having a great time out there.

We are still alternating rain and mild sun. Good for growing.. good for fire control.. not so good to go out and relax in.

Fair winds

Micheal

The pictures of the fish and bottom are really nice and clear even in cloudy waters. ON the other hand, I'm thinking that water has to be cold. Are you in swim trunks or wet suit gear? Your getting that unit down pretty good. Almost like watching Sea Hunt with Loyd Bridges. Any ship wrecks there in the big lakes you can get to on a dive with out a lot of trouble.

Neat clips...

Geo-CT