Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is kinda boring around here and I am tempted...................

Kelley (Texas)

to see if a couple of the neighborhood boys would like to go up to Johnston City and fish for some catfish in the Pedernales River. On both sides of us are single parent families with a boy, Alex to the south and Tyler to the north of us. Alex has a tendency of getting into mischief...Tyler is always getting his butt whipped because of his smart mouth. I will be glad when my Grandson, Brayden, is old enough to take with me when I go fishing. Well, let me get off this computer and see if those two boys want to go fishing. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Alex has a ball game today and there is no one at home at Tyler's house. I guess that I am back to square one...it is boring around here. Let me think of something else to do...something exciting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

always a few laughs around these parts. Better than the Comedy hour at times, especially with new boaters. Geo

You just have to be careful that they do not see you laughing...they sorta get pretty emotional at times. A few years ago, I had taken a jon boat that I owned at the time to Canyon Lake. I saw all types of boats being launched from that boat ramp...some knew what they were doing and some did not. I found it entertaining watching the folks that did not know what they were doing. I remember one good looking woman trying to back a boat off a trailer with the boat still tied to the trailer. Her husband or boyfriend was frantic and was yelling at her to cut the motor, but she could not hear him. She finally figured out that she was still tied to the trailer and cut the motor. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I had a bilge pump in it. I forgot to put in the drain plug a couple of times and only noticed because there was a steady stream of water pumping out. being and inboard it could have been very expensive. Here in the salt water a lot of people trailer and I've seen some big boats get dumped on the ramp or in the parking lot. One guys was arguing with his wife and she got upset, floored it, and the boat, a nice 24 footer ended up on the asphalt. He had powered it on but never hooked up the tie downs or cable in the front. Outboards not clamped on the tramson, get started and go off the boat. Lots of funny ones as they are almost on the dock, and almost on the boat and the boat is moving away.... or them coming in to the waiting docks to haul out, in salt water at low tide and cleaning off the windshield, lights, radio antenna, radar. Not funny to them for sure.

Geo

say I was bored or there was nothing to do. My mother would always figure out something for me to do... and it always involved some type of work around the house. :):

Fair winds

Mikie

This is what I often refer to when I say that it is boring around here. I do not play until all the chores are done...was taught that from a very early age. When it comes to cleaning this house, trust me, I do my part. Often times, I am cleaning the bathrooms while Debbie is cleaning another part of the house...it is faster when we both work at it. I have found that you enjoy your free time more when you know that the chores have been done. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)