Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is a windy, but beautiful day down here in South Texas, so I think I will ride...........

Kelley (Texas)

some of the back roads over East of San Antonio...take some pictures of some of the old towns and maybe a historical place or two. If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures, let me know and I will post them. It is windy, with gusting winds to thirty miles per hour, so I will have to ride at a slower pace than normal...this wind beats you and you get tired quicker. I have a strange feeling that I need to use caution riding today, guess it is because of the windy conditions.

While I am enjoying this bike, I sure miss riding my horses back into the brush country. Earlier this week, I drove out to see them and spent several hours messing with them...groomed them and just enjoyed their company. Blueberry just followed me around like a pet dog. :rofl: Tuff has gotten fat as a hog and I told Cindy that we need to get the weight off of him. Freckles is still up to her old tricks of untying herself and opening gates...Cindy said that Freckles let Tuff out of his pen the other night. I sure miss living out in the brush country, my horses, and the cows.

I made sure that my Guardian Bell was securely fastened to the bike...three people killed down here this past week riding motorcycles. That makes a total of six motorcycle deaths in the past three weeks...it sure appears that there are lots of motorcycle accidents here lately, could be because it is spring time and more folks are out pleasure riding. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)
[attachment 86886 Smallcartoonhorse.gif]

last weekend was nice here and bikers were out in force,suppose to be nice and sunny here with highs in the 60's.sound like perfect weather for riding.

I too am headed out on the road bike to the dirt bike club. Its 72 here today, back to 52 tomorrow so don't want to waste the day. We are racing tomorrow so need to get my butt back to the club for last minute touches. I have my Guardian Bell on your sent me and it looks good. I took a picture of it the other day but I felt it was 2 dark so I will retake it. I think I will take the camera up today and get a few shots of the track also.

By all means if you get time to take pictures, post them. Enjoying seeing different parts of Texas. I've been reading on the Big Ben Park there. I like that better than the flat land.

I know what you mean about the horses. My wife really enjoys her horses and my daughter hers. Fact Heidi is shipping her horse up here next week. Looks like she is coming back to CT to go back to UCONN and finish up, then go back in as a commissioned officer.

Be nice to have her home for awhile......She rides also so I have another riding partner for the Poker Runs at the club. She rides a Rice Rocket so to different animals/bikes.

On the bike accidents there, are they the rice rockets or big V-Twins. The kids here on the Rice rockets are always getting taken out.
They just carry to much speed on the roads and get in trouble passing where they should not or doing it on the back wheel at 90 mph +. You can get out of a lot of trouble with a bike, but when you can't, your in for some major hurt.

Ride safe, enjoy.

George-CT

Do you drive around town picking up good looking women? :rofl: I am beginning to suspect that you might be a "Party Animal" and not the quiet type that I always figured you to be! :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

PS: Please post some more pictures of that car...beautiful car!

Two were killed the other day when they were racing around a few curves...such a waste!

I am glad to hear that you mounted the Guardian Bell to your bike. Most folks mount it low, usually at the bottom of the frame of the bike, but the important thing is to get it mounted on the bike. I think that Royal mounted his up on the handle bar. I am glad that the weather is now enabling you to ride...thank goodness your snow is gone! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I saw lots of bikers today...bet you did too! I posted a story about today's ride a few minutes ago. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)
[attachment 86976 motorcycles13.gif]

that will make us smile! This is great! Now a photo of you in the drivers seat or standing beside the car would make a GREAT avatar! :)

In April of last year, I bought a Yamaha V-Star 1100 motorcycle. When I attempted to ride it, I hit two of my neighbors trash cans and put a large skid mark in the grass on his front yard. After that, I attended a motorcycle riding and safety school where I learned to ride. I did a lot of practice for a couple of months before I did any serious riding out on the open back roads. Then in November of last year I sold the Yamaha and bought my present motorcycle which is much bigger and faster. OJ, I have spent lots of hours of concentrated training and learning on how to properly ride a motorcycle...but I still have a long ways to go. I ride in a responsible and alert manner. The motorcycle is my means of escaping this city and it gets me back out in the country. I do very little city riding, most riding done is on the back, out of the way roads.

When I was a teenager, for a short time, I had a Simplex 125 motorbike, but I really was not interested in it. At that time I was fully involved with horses and cared little about anything else. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Evidently, he lost control of his bike and hit a guard rail...no other details at this time. Debbie is starting to fuss again about my riding a bike, but I know how to work around her on something like this...just have to out smart her. I suspect that the old busy body woman next door is stirring the pot again and telling Debbie about how dangerous it is to ride a motorcycle...this is her way of getting even with me because she thinks that I suggest things to her son that gets him into mischief. I kinda think that Miss Julie needs to get off her fat butt and find something to do besides working on her flower bed and complaining about the cats using it for an out house. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We are starting to see the motorcycles come out now too..The weather brings them out and soon the roads will be full of them... the usual assortment of people.

Hope that your ride went well and I hope that you will post the pictures.

Calm seas

Mikie

Tuff is an old, old horse now and founder would be a death sentence for him.

Late last night I posted the story and pictures of yesterday's ride, but with your "dial up" Internet service, you may have a long wait before everything is down loaded.

Everytime I ride to some old ghost town or living ghost town, I can not help but think about that old town near you that was flooded out when they built that lake. I wish that I could find a site like that where you just walk along and pick up old coins, and an arrowhead or two as a bonus. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)