Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It has started ...

SurfCutter

Still planting here and what has been planted now must be weeded and fertilized ...just a few pictures of the garden (Wannabe Acres),,About August I might have time to breath and hopefully do some detecting ....silly dream ....
Bill G.

If I posted these correctly if you look real close sitting on the root post is a Bluebird ....Something that has never been around the farm for many years , it brings me joy as much as the field swifts/ swallows

My eyes are not good enough to so a dang blue bird. You have the perfect place for them though.

Next spring you should put nesting boxes on fence posts. They have to go up in sets of two. There is some kind of bird that will take them over but what ever it is, it will not allow another of its kind to nest near it.

They used to drive the blue birds off and take their nest but it has been found that if two are put near each other this bird will allow the bluebird to occupy the other one. That is why you always see then in pairs. I forget what the heck the other bird is.

Bluebirds need open ground like your field or pasture to attract them, I have seen them checking out our bird houses but we are in the woods and they don't generally care for that.

n/t

If/When I get caught up a bit I was going to see what was needed to get them to nest here , also the field swifts / swallows ....I love to watch them fly around the tractor as I work or just out walking the field and see them picking off the bugs out of the air ...
I will try to get a better picture this little camera is ok if I get close enough but some how I do not see this Bluebird holding for any of that ...lol
Bill G.

have a clue, to the amount of work that goes into farming. You don't just drop a seed,and pick the harvest,do you! Looking good,hope to visit in coming months.

I would love to grow one of those big pumpkins, but it would fill up the entire back yard of this city home. Oh! How is dislike living here and wish that we were back at the old home place! Bill, thanks for posting the stories, I really enjoy them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The space between plants is not as much as you think , the Giants ,1000 lber's only take up a 20'x 20'-25' , the small 100-200 lber's I space out at 10' and 18' between rows just to get the tiller between the rows for as long as possible to keep the weeds down for as long as possible then it's hand weeding or if lucky the walk behind tiller for a bit longer . I try to keep things /weeds down until at least August then the pumpkins have taken over well enough to let them run and the weeds are not a problem ...
Bill G,