Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It has been a long day, here are the details of the accident..................

Kelley (Texas)

This morning, Dennis was driving an unmarked police car while conducting an investigation when a Ford Bronco traveling in the opposite direction approached him at a high rate of speed. The driver of the Ford Bronco loss control of his vehicle, hit the guard rail, over corrected, crossed the medium and struck the Ford Crown Victoria that Dennis was driving. The impact spun Dennis completely around and his vehicle came to rest against the concrete wall over the creek bed. After hitting Dennis, the Ford Bronco went air borne, and then rolled down the embankment to the creek.

The other driver was taken to the hospital by air life helicopter. He is in critical, but stable condition as of 6:00 PM this evening. Dennis is OK, has cuts, bruises and is extremely sore, and is now home. The air bag inflated and he was wearing his seat belt...saved him from serious injury. His right shoulder was dislocated and his right elbow has swelling and is in a sling. He has stitches on his forehead and ear. He is in a lot of back and neck pain and can not work for at least a week.

This evening, I went to the police vehicle pound to look at the car. The car was wedged between another vehicle and a wall and I could only get a picture of the rear of the car. The impact even broke the rear window and the light bar was dislodged. The left rear door was knocked completely off the vehicle. This car will not be repaired, it is a total loss. I have attached a photo of the rear of the vehicle, note the broken glass.

Right behind Dennis was another unmarked police car which stopped to help. Officer Tom took all the items in the wrecked police car to the police station, and I picked up everything there and took it to our home...all except his police badge which I kept with me until we took Dennis home this evening.

You will never know how I felt when I received that telephone call telling me that my son had been involved in an horrible accident. It was even worst when I heard about it on the radio while driving to the hospital. The accident has also been on all the TV stations. While driving to the hospital, many thoughts went through my mind...how I had never wanted Dennis to go into the law enforcement career field, but it was his choice and it was my job to support him regardless of my wishes.

I lost count of the police officers that came by the hospital or called wanting to know how he was doing. It has been a long day, but thank goodness it has ended on a happy note for Debbie and I...our Son is OK!

You folks want to know something, I never worry about myself, but I do worry and care about the welfare of my family and friends. I am worried about Mike Rawlins who has not been well lately, I worry about Carol Williams and her illness, I worried about Tom and thank goodness he is now OK...I just do not understand why some of these hurtful things happen, wish they would leave my family and friends alone, let them have a happy and painless life. I am starting to ramble about things, just tired tonight, sorry! Well, I need to regroup and get that smile back on my face...long day tomorrow helping Dennis while Heather goes to school to teach the kids. I thank all of you for your concern, I owe you one. Kelley (Texas) :)

I know exactly what you are talking about about worrying about family and friends.My son also has a very dangerous job and I worry about him each day.All I can do is pray for his safety every day.

Kelley,I am so happy that this turned out as well as it did and Dennis's injurys were not any worse than they are.I also hope the other driver involved lives to learn from his mistake.I hope Dennis makes a speedy complete recovery.

not seriously injured. This was the first thing i saw just now when i got home, what a shock for you.
My sincere best wishes to Dennis, you and Debbie!
Wayne

seriously injured. When you think of what might have been....it makes your mind boggle.. Take care of him and remember that we all here are with you.

Take care my friend

Sunny skies, clear water, calm seas, fair winds

M

one terrible day.

Is he a police officer for the city of San Antonio or a state policeman or what?

Stuff like this really scares you, but I'm of the belief it brings you closer also and makes one just that much more appreciatvie of those around them. Good luck to you and your family.

Swampy

...glad to hear things turned for you on this one. From your report, Dennis is a respected police officer, well regarded by many, an asset to the community. Sounds just like his father.

So glad this story has a happy ending, and Dennis is alright, Fred! :thumbup:

endearing friendship which we have all grown to know and love. You are right! I can go through a lot of things myself, but you better watch out if someone is messing with my kids, and grandkids!

I am thrilled Dennis is going to recover, and hate that he was hurt at all! Still, when you count your blessings, you just have one more.

Glad to hear he is okay!

Join us as soon as you are up to it! :) Put that smile back on your face. We are tough! :)

Dennis is in lots of pain today, it hurts for him to walk. The area where the shoulder was dislocated is black and blue. Tomorrow, the doctors will be draining fluid from his elbow and kneecap. He is one lucky person and should be back on the job sometime late next week. I am still thankful that he was wearing a seat belt and the car had airbags. Bottom line, he is doing just fine. Again, thank you for your concern and please have a great weekend! Kelley (Texas) :)