Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It doesn't seem to matter how much you have seen, you ain't seen it all :D

Royal

I was just setting on my deck, trying to get my little squirrel buddy to come play when I see a doe come over the rise and follow the deer trail to my back yard.

She was walking through the ferns and I could see something following her close at her heels. We have a doe coming in every evening with a fawn but this was too small and dark. I could not really make it out. Looked like a dang Turkey!!

It was a turkey! She is following and feeding with that dang doe like it is her mama. What is up with that????

They are still out there and even let me get up to get my camera and take the picture. What next??

n/t

They are and so am I. The only thing about being retired is that you get no vecation. Mary did not buy into that :rofl:

it drops off about sixty or eighty feet and the deer have trails along the ridge. I can set on the deck and talk to them and they are not fifty feet away.

Come on up and I will take you kayaking :D

there is a pack passing down by the river right now

she said she saw a bear crossing the road on the way to work, and a eagle on hte way home. I would love to see a bear here. They have torn up our bird feeder when we were gond but I have never seen one here

n/t

And I'm hoping you find your way to my place for a BBQ one day too. That'd be cool !!

n/t

mountains are incredible to a flatlander like me.

This area sounds like paradise at times but winter is a bear! And Long

From the color of the turkey, I think it's a young gobbler. They're called "jakes." They have black tipped feathers on their chest and backs and that is why they are much darker than the hen's buff brown overall color.

Looks like the (electric?)fence is doin's its job!

Thanks for sharin'.

aj

looking at it but without it the deer would feast. I tried it for a couple years without it and it was a disaster but now I have not lost a plant..

The picture was taken pretty late and was not as sharp as I would have liked but I was in a hurry too as I was afraid they would spook.

I talked to my neighbor and he said they came in together at his place too.

There are a lot of turkey around here but I rarely see them in the yard. Too many houses around I guess. The deer are in every afternoon without fail. I can set on my deck and talk to the deer and it doesn't seem to bother them

Just remember that that turkey is one of them NORTHERNER turkeys and like the deer, is considered TAME----Ive seen some of the turkey pictures that Royal has posted before----you just dont see HUNDREDS of turkey together unless they are tame!::lol:

Just kidding Royal, that is one good photo!

Thanks!

Lil Brother:)