Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It Ain't Right!

Buddysox

So after tweaking my settings last nite, this morning I set out to one of the oldest parks in the Phoenix area. I chose this one because it has the most potential for some oldies. Its pretty hard to find the old stuff here as there was not much until the 50s, most of the old has been built over. I was determined to go after stuff with bragging rights rather than the tons of clad I regularly find. After about three hours in the park just finding clad I noticed one of the "street persons" hanging around eyeballing me, then he approached. I got ready for the 'Bite" (asking for money). He was bleary eyed and reeked of cheap booze. He said"do you know anything about coins?" I said " a little" He then produced from his pocket three coins and asked how much they were worth. 1. A Franklin Half from the early 50s in great shape. 2. An 1892 Indian Head penny with some noticeable wear. 3. A 1927 Buffalo Nickle in great shape with a "s' mint mark. I don't know the redbook by heart but I knew he probably had something there. He wanted to know where a pawnshop was and refused the 20.00 I offered that was all I had. I told him not to go to a pawn shop but look up a coin dealer. He said "thanks"an lurched off.
Now here's my question for the powers that be--- I pound the parks with a thousand dollar machine til my knees are sore looking for the good stuff-----this guy falls on it in a drunken stupor! I KNOW! Next time I will stop and get a Couple bottles of cheap wine! Then if nothing is found maybe I wont care.

Oh, yea, when I got home I looked up the Buffalo in the red book and it can go for around 2,400.00 in good shape!

It is unfortunate but I suspect that those coins were probably the product of a robbery. If nothing on this guy is looking good, then why would he be carrying a bunch of coins that are in good shape?

Who has more fun tho?? I would think those hours and hours with that $1000+ machine is so much more fun that a $2400 coin anyways or the drunk who has it!!