Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is White's addressing the EMI problem. What are there fixes for the problem??? Thanks :D: :D:

The emi is not a problem IF you adjust the machine right. Whites has nothing to do with it. The V3 is made to be adaptable to any situation but its up to you to do it. My own yard is unhuntable {invisible dog fence} unless I switch to the single 2.5KHz frequency lower my sensitivity and gain a little then its fine also offsetting frequency's can sometimes help and switching to a smaller concentric coil did wonders for stability and still retained good depth.

Hi there Tinfoil....

Over here in the UK, initial usage reveals no particular problems with EMI.

By definition, EMI is an external source of interference which is usually location specific.

Any broadband search head/detector is vulnerable to some interference, so you have to be aware of the external causes before implying any short comings of your detector.

So far, in my short experience with the unit, the Vision has not shown any extraordinary susceptibilities to such interference.

I can reassure readers, that I personally have NOT found such a problem to-date..........TheMarshall
:ukflag:

TheMarshall said:
By definition, EMI is an external source of interference which is usually location specific.

Very true. I was at a location just yesterday where EMI was initially causing serious instability. But I was able to turn the gain down and run stable, and made a few finds. I remember thinking about it at the time and realizing that there are two ways to look at it -- you can either be annoyed that the EMI comes up and that you have to fiddle with a setting or two to work around it, or, you can appreciate the fact that there are settings you can fiddle with to work even in such problem locations. If I had been using a "simpler" detector, I might not have been able to hunt that area at all.

Moving directly from the DFX to the V3, and living in an area with bad EMI problems, I can tell you right off the bat the V3 definitely handles EMI better than the DFX.

Dave

I was in the house and had my rx set to 15 with my new 4 x 6 dd coil on and the only time I had problems was when I switched to one frequency. When I put it back to three, it quieted right down. I haven't seen the problem as much as other detectors. I agree that adjustments on the user's part will quiet it.

I went through an unintentional EMI test this afternoon. Nancy and I got permission to hunt an older library in a small town and no matter what I tried, the EMI was maddening. Nancy was hunting right along with her MXT and the V was so noisy, I thought I might have a bad coil. I changed coils, no help, I tried each of the single frequencies, no help. I lowered the gain and sensitivity, nothing helped until I went to correlate. I could at least hunt, but the noise and falsing was still there, just not as bad. When Nancy and I met up again I told her I was having a terrible time with EMI and she said that she did too and wanted to go. What a relief, I thought it was just the V3 acting up. We figured the EMI had to be underground because we didn't see anything that was causing the problem.

At least I know when it gets real bad, a quick click to correlate should take care of most EMI problems. I have had no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the V and EMI, but it just happens sometimes and we have to deal with it.

Hello again folks.

Thinking about the annoying problems of EMI.

I recall my early writings about the DFX, and I wander if someone may care to check this idea out if they encounter EMI interference.

Try CORRELATE.

Absolute depth may be reduced, but then that is also true if you have to turn down your sensitivity, so a trial of using CORRELATE may prove to be a solution.

This mode is a neglected one, and I would like to see more input if others would be willing to use it in their problematic areas.

It's not just about interference, but also better results in finding when conditions are bad. (I.E. iron.....Electric fences.)

All the best .................TheMarshall

I've said that a few times on here about switching to correlate. Not sure why, but it helps. :thumbup: