Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a new trick

madmax800

Hi All, Hell, Ive been sitting here for 124 hours reading this great forum. No noise in the house, I think the kids have grown up, the wife's ran off with a bloke (he don't have a ND) and my hairs turned grey..

OK, now I have your attention..........

Today I took the GT outside to have a play in the front yard.
placed a few coins 6" deep, set up the GT, shut me eyes and started to practice pinpointing (waiting for that meter and probe).
Once I found the target I then started to pinpoint (had to use my memory where the all metal toggle was and pinpoint down toggle).

I found this happened, but am I wrong.
When I thought I was on top of the target i lifted the coil say 2-3 inches and slowly started going up/down. On the way up the noise started but on the way down the noise stopped.
I opened my eyes and started to try a few different things.I again pinpointed to as close as I thought was centre.Again pumped the coil up/down slowly but this time the noise was on the way down, not like before when it was on the way up.
I put down the GT and started digging, turns out I was spot on.

MMMMMM, now me is thinking.Oh Yer, it was a 10cent piece, cant read the date.
I place it back on the ground (now with eyes open) directly center of coil, lift it up no noise, lower to coin and now i get noise. I moves a few inches OFF centre and try again.
This time noise as I lift, quite as I lower.

Hope I'm not rambling too much but has any 1 tried this and can they verify this.
I think I could now almost be exactly dead centre in pitch black with my eyes shut.

time for a rest from typing. Again, Thanks to you all and extra thanks to Rick (you know who you are)

Pinpointing with a Sov is done with a side to side motion. Ground Balancing is done with up and down motion so unless you are trying to ground balance out your coin sound in one direction and none in the other would be normal. I am not sure why you were trying to tune out the coin ;)

HH

Beachcomber

Seems like a lot of work.

If your results are consistent and you can find a practical use for it, then do it whenever you want.

HH

it is called cabin fever,you have a classic case of too much reading of the fourms,the symptoms can include but are not limited to,burying coins in your yard ,air testing the machine on all your wifes jewelry and attempting to fabricate ''Test Garden'' in your kids sandbox . The only known cure for this ailment is go to the nearest park or schoolyard and put the machine on the factory settings and start to detect ......Dig all the good signals and continue this until your detecting time is more then your fourm reading time ............................................Good luck .....:cheers: