Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there room for one more on here?

Nocanfind

I have a quattro headed my way and can't wait to try it out. I have been detecting for several yrs. and still learning. I have read alot about the quattro and seems like you either love it or hate it. I have been using the MXT for the last couple of years. It is a good machine but now that I have moved to southern california and have access to the beach I needed a uint for the wet sand. From what I have read the quattro is a killer on the beach.Lookin forward to trying it out and learning its language. The info provide by all of you on this forum has already been a great help to me. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you make that find of a lifetime. I am sure I will have lots of questions and hopefully we can learn together and get the very most out of this machine and this hobby. Hope everyone has a merry christmas.

The thing to remember with the Quattro,the Explorer or the Sovereigns is to have some patience and learn all you can. You may not do good to begin with, but the more you use it the more you will learn and the better the finds will get.
The best tip i can give you on the Quattro is when you feel you have a good tone of a good target is to lift the coil and let the threshold reset, then go over it again to make sure the tone stays the same in case the tone carries over from the last target.
The Quattro is a very impressive detector when you learn it.

Rick

Thanks for the tip Rick. I am looking forward to using this machine. I am a very patient person. I feel that the lack of patience is a big problem with lots of people when it comes to learning a detector. There have been lots of detectors sold,talked bad about,or just set back in a corner or closet because the person did not take the time to learn the machine. I have a friend that has the MXT like I have and he is having a time learning it. I keep encouraging him and showing him the things that I have learned about the machine. That is why forums like this are so good. You can learn a ton of info from other users and shorten that learning curve tremendously. It just takes practice as with most things that are worthwhile. Thank goodness for the Internet where information like this can be shared.

Hey, nocanfind. I think your gonna need to change your name to icanfind once you get your Quatro. You're gonna love it. I really think you will if you give it a good workout and do your homework with it. The homework I would suggest is get Andy Sabisch's book "Mastering the Quatro". It's truly a "must read" as far as the Quatro goes. He gives you some info in there about cross-saving audio that I couldn't even find in the owners manual. By the way, maybe we could hook up some time. I don't know exactly where your at, but I live in San Diego, California. Looks like you've joined us over in good old Southern Cal. There's also a detector club in San Diego called Coinshooters. Good bunch of people and a lot of fun too. :geek::O:|:geek: Please let us know how it works for you and hope to hear from you soon.

I went from a PI to the quattro..........and like everyone says.....it takes time. I am still learning, but have to wait until spring to continue since I am in the land of the cold and snow.

Hi all, I've had my Quattro for a couple of weeks now. It's a bit of a learning curve from using a Tracker IV but the advice from the forum has proved really helpful, I'm also halfway through Andy's book which was loaned to me by a mate who also has recently bought a Quattro. I've been going over a showground I've done heaps of times before and the Quattro is showing up the deeper coins, mainly just 1c and 2c but a couple of older silver. I haven't got a nearby beach but do have a number of ruins/house sites to look around when the grass dies off a bit. Our schools are just starting their Xmas holidays and I have permission from one to detect their playground so I might go out this afternoon for a bit of practice.

Thanks for the advice beach guy777. I ordered Andy's book along with the detector. I should be getting my detector this Tuesday. I can't wait. I would like to get together sometime. I live in San Marcos and have been down to San Diego lots of times. Hunted the dry sand on mission beach,pacific beach,moonlight beach. Had alot of fun but couldn't hunt the wet stuff with my MXT. Maybe we could get together and you could give me some tips. We moved here from Texas about a year ago and I have really enjoyed it.Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Give me a call sometime. My phone # for now, until I move across town at the end of the month is (619) 303-7348. I'm pretty slammed till the end of December, but call me and we'll talk, and maybe we could still get together sooner. Marc Trainor.

Welcome again Nocanfind,
I agree with Beachguy that you might have to change your name to Icanfind!!! Once you get the hang of the Quattro I believe you're going to love it! Especially the depth it goes to on beaches. All the best and keep us up to date!
Cheers Angela:)

Gi'day Ken,
Welcome to the forum! Just recently I went detecting on a reserve near a dam, and pulled out about 20 1 and 2 cent pieces! There was a concentration of them near a park bench, so I was having a ball! I'm quite happy getting those, especially now that they're out of circulation. The deepest I found one was only about 6". I'd like to go back there again sometime. Happy Hunting!
Cheers Angela;)