Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there any silver in the ground that isn't

Lori

in the form of something? I have found about 3 globs of stuff that ring high and the cross hair is in the top right corner infact can't see all of the cross hair. Is there any thing I can do to test for silver?

Thanks,

Lori

Lori, those globs are nothing more than melted metal such as aluminum or copper or such...in fact I found a big glob of metal today and it did exactly what you were describing. Rang high and to the right, in fact, I could barely see the crosshairs. It's not silver...dang it! lol

Good luck, Duane

n/t

Aluminum normally rings around digital 27 so you get a really sweet high sound when it melted. To answer your other question... yes you can find raw silver if you live in a location like AZ where its been mined. You want a high sound ... try a HOT rock that rings in at 00 31. They confuse a lot of beginners... they dig holes and the sound disappears. Its normally magnatite or hemitite. This may happen if you set your sensitivity too high. Ive also found cold rocks where it nulls... lots of iron in it.

Dew

Welcome to any Lake Erie beach, they're everywhere. if you notice they are really light. I was told they could be steel plant slag, but I think the biggest producer is beer cans in a campfire.