Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there any advantage to upgrading for the Explorer 2 to the Explorer SE Pro

I don't have an SE, but the VCO pinpointing while still discriminating would be a nice feature to have. I've heard that it mistakenly identifies iron more often than the II or XS, but when I'm hunting with others, they don't seem to have that problem. I'd keep it.

If you have a Pro coil on your Explorer II you wouldnt be gaining a whole lot with the SE Pro. The VCO pinpointing is nice when using the X-1 probe but for pinpointing with the coil I prefer the XS/XS II pinpointing.. When hunting a site with targets at various depths I seem to waste a lot of time with the Etrac recentering & switching to pinpoint mode to get an accurate depth reading. I think if someone had a Explorer II & a Pro coil they would be in pretty sweet spot in the whole Explorer/ Etrac scene..I also am am not so sure the remapping of the ferrous numbers on the Etrac is a good thing, seems like a step backwards to me.. wildherre

Thanks All. The only thing I like more about the SE Pro is that it is black. Never used one though. And seems to be an expensive cost just for that. I like my Explorer 2, but I keep hearing the processor is faster in the SE Pro. Not sure about that. And if so can they upgrade mine.

It wouldnt make good business sense for them to do an upgrade... so thats very unlikely. Ive hunted with people that hunt with the XS, II, and the E-trac we all seem to be pretty successful with little difference in our finds. I use the SEF and personally havent seen a reason to upgrade or even buy a small coil. The explorers can really be worked slower than most of the machines ive used.

Dew

I love the pinpoint feature on the SE because it ID's in the all metal pinpoint mode.

Another advantage would be the pro coil...but why not keep the EX2 and update it with either the pro coil or the 10 x 12 SEF coil.

If you aren't worried about ID'ing in the pinpoint mode though...I personally feels the EX2 handles iron a little better.

Either way...you won't go wrong.