Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a secret to pinpointing...

Pal Al

...with the 6x10 coil? I mean I am having just a bit of difficulty locating the exact center when I X a spot. Is there another method or do I just need to keep at it until I get better?

Move the coil left and right to get the highest tone and lowest reading. Next pull the coil back towards you, when the coil goes silent the target is just at the tip of the coil. If the target is deeper (4" or more), it is located a little ways in from the tip of the coil, right about where the White's logo is.

This doen't work if pulling the coil slides it over another target. In that case just resweep and pull from a new angle. Rob

I saw this on another post....hopefully it helps. I just ordered one myself and would like to hear if it works for you.

Thanks both of you! That is exactly what I was looking for. Looks alot like the way I've been told you pinpoint with a Bigfoot coil. Super this helps a lot. :detecting::super:

I have found that the strongest signal is right under the "ankle" of my coil. It is a very small spot.