Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is their a test for gold.

Roman44

Just wanted to know if their is a test for gold rather than taking it to the jewelers. Any acid rest. I have found several rings that do not have any identifying marks. I am almost sure that rings with no markings are not gold, but would like to be sure. Some of the rings in question look like white and yellow gold. Thank you.

I just ordered a test kit from the Ebay. Search "gold test kit" and there will be many to choose from. I bought a kit that tests 10 kt, 14 kt, 18 kt, 22 kt, silver and platinum. The cost was a little over $30 as I remember. I will get it this week so I can send off some of my "Junk" gold and have a good idea of its value. The more experience you have with finding and then handling gold the better you will recognize it without testing. In the beginning or when you are going to send it off to a refiner you do need to have an accurate idea of what you have.
Next, my best advise is hold onto as much of the gold you can afford to. I wish I had more of the rings my wife and I found over the years. The memories are wonderful. Best to you, Mike.