Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the V3 worth buying?

Airborne71927

I currently own an Etrac and I'm quiet happy with the performance of my machine, however, I'm very interested in the V3. I've never used a White's machine before and I hear lots of interesting information on the forums, but it sounds like there's still lots of niggly issues with the performance of the machine. My question is, is the V3 worth buying? Also, what depths are coins being found at? Many thanks for your feedback.

Well I bought the etrac just before the v3 and I'm selling the etrac but not sure if that's the right decision for me. The etrac I liked for many reasons and it's got excellent depth but I've always liked white's machines so I a little more used to them. Strictly in my opinion, I wonder if they're worth the extra money because I see others doing just as good if not better with their explorers, dfx's and mxt's. I wonder if these newer machines are really that much better or just different. It seems that the more expensive the detector the less I find! I've been detecting with the v3 for a couple of weeks now and every time I go out get about a buck or less and nothing old yet. I'm still trying all the programs and features but like the etrac, it seems to pickup lots and lots of trash no matter what program I use. I've gotten my best finds so far with mid level detectors....maybe it's just that even though I've been detecting over 40 years and am technically minded, I still may not have the patience to stick with it....I tweak every little adjustment and program but can't seem to stop at some point, un like some of the more successful guys here. I think I like simplicity a lot and that may be my downfall perhaps.

That sure sounds like a loaded question that will get many answers. Those of us that have a V and love it, those who have one and can't come to terms with it and I'm sure you will get comments from those who own some other kind of detector. The ultimate answer to your question is yours to make. In any case, it is a new machine and not perfect, full of new technology and features that will take time to master no matter how advanced of a user you are.

Owning both an SE and a V the two are as different as night and day and the only thing in common is they are both top notch detectors each with their strong points. On deep silver, I would have to call it a draw, jewelry and small gold, prospecting, target ID, balance, coil selection and service and support all have to go to White's and the V3 IMHO. The bottom line has to go to the machine you can use and benefit from the most.

Worth buying is up to each person I think. I can hunt with my single knob Compadre and have fun with it, and I have fun hunting with my Vision.
To me, the Vision has loads of bells and whistles, so I can use the factory default programs or tweak on the programs. Sometimes I want the simplicity and I can use the Vision as such, or I want to tweak the menus which the Vision allows. All depends would be the way I look at it for each person. I'm having fun with the features the Vision provides.
And man do I really like the wireless headphone feature when working some paths through brush.

I think it depends on were you are going to use it . If you hunt a lot of remote places meaning a good distance from houses and powerlines it is great, you can usually run it to its potential if you hunt close to that stuff expect alot of noise

Have to agree with Larry that is a loaded question....Some people here have the funds and buy both...from there which ever they like more they keep and sell or keep the other for backup.

Larry (IL) said:
That sure sounds like a loaded question that will get many answers. Those of us that have a V and love it, those who have one and can't come to terms with it and I'm sure you will get comments from those who own some other kind of detector. The ultimate answer to your question is yours to make. In any case, it is a new machine and not perfect, full of new technology and features that will take time to master no matter how advanced of a user you are.

Owning both an SE and a V the two are as different as night and day and the only thing in common is they are both top notch detectors each with their strong points. On deep silver, I would have to call it a draw, jewelry and small gold, prospecting, target ID, balance, coil selection and service and support all have to go to White's and the V3 IMHO. The bottom line has to go to the machine you can use and benefit from the most.

I agree with Larry on this issue. I hunt with people who have minelabs and I tell them that if they get a deep iffy signal that's probably silver, let me know before they dig so I can check it out with my V3. I have been called over several times and I could always pick up their signal. Most of the time I would tell them that mine says iron and it would be a deep nail. One time I called penny dime or coin at 11 inches and it came out as a merc. The vision has been right on with all of those. The only difference I see is I come home with all the relics and rings also gold, they hardly ever do...its mostly coins for them. I like my V3 because I can have the best of both worlds. I put alot of time in with my machine and use alot of different coils.
You have to know your machine to get the full potential out of it and I dont know of any machine that doesnt have a few faults. The V3 is the perfect choice for me, as for you...that is for you to decide.

Apologies for the 'loaded question'. I appreciate that different situations are more beneficial to certain machines, I just thought I'd put it out there and see what responses I would get. That's very interesting that people are asking you to check out there 'iffy signals' with your V3. I really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Paul

Airborne71927 said:
I currently own an Etrac and I'm quiet happy with the performance of my machine, however, I'm very interested in the V3. I've never used a White's machine before and I hear lots of interesting information on the forums, but it sounds like there's still lots of niggly issues with the performance of the machine. My question is, is the V3 worth buying? Also, what depths are coins being found at? Many thanks for your feedback.

Yes, pretty deep, Your Welcome