Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Sov GT considered a good coin finding machine in the parks and old school fields compared to the explorer?

to get the real deep ones and those close to trash others miss. I have them both and like them both too, but seems I can do better with the GT many times as I can tell the good from the bad better because of my hearing. The GT seems to sing to me more with its tones while the Explorer seem to give me a quick response and sometime i cant hear them like the Sovereign GT does.
I think you will find either one is good and you will find some that had the Sovereign and got the Explorer and love the Explorer, then you have some that had the Sovereign, got the Explorer and now went back to the Sovereigns as they like them better.Which ever you use the main thing is get to know the detector and you will do fine.
Depth wise the Explorer some say goes deeper, but yet i know 99% of the target my friend gets with his Explorer I can hear with the Sovereign GT.

i agree with Rick on both detectors. ive used an explorer since they first came out so i know that machine alot better then my GT. i know the explorer will go deep just because ive learned how to read it.
ive only had the GT not even a year and im still pretty much in the learning curve really and ive gotten coins 6 to 8 inches down.
i believe it all has to do with spending alot of time, digging alot of holes and understanding what the machine is telling you.
stan sjmdc

I seen cats that shell out big cash for an explorer and still couldn't find a silver coin if it was taped to there shoe ........ both machines are rock solid for the conditions you described, and both machines have a learning curve . to me where the sovereign excels is its wonderful tones and simplicity of operation .. to me the explorer has too much , I kinda look at it like this , if you are a guy that knows and uses every function on your cell phone then go for the explorer , if you just want a solid hunting machine with a nice simple set of knobs and switches then go for a Sovereign the depth to me is very comparable on both machines ...........

Have to agree with Rick it seems to me the tones of a Sov. are just easier to pick out and silver coins are just such a mellow sound are hard to miss.I have used both and although both are deep seekers the Sov. is user friendly to set up, but with time an Explorer can be a turn on and go unit once you find what works in your area. All a matter of choice and either is an excellent machine.I would go to Minelab dealer and sort of try them on for size....