Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the M6 noisy like the MXT?

Bajanick

Ive got an MXT and its driving me mad, due to noise. Its very hard to distinguish targets no matter how I set it up. Ive got a 5.3 eclipse and ratphones.

Thinking about an M6, is it a quiter machine? or is it similar to the MXT as far as noise is concerned?

Thanks.

M6 is silent search, real quite. Sometimes ground conditions will cause some minor chatter, but I have found this is so for all my machines. Also, has either multi or single tone. HH

[quote Donny nj]What are your settings?[/quote]

Ive tried the presets and lots of other settings. Its very difficult to get a stable threshhold. I am starting to think maybe its a bad coil, but its a new 5.3.
When I sweep I get all kinds of signals and chatter, Its very difficult to use it like this.

Try the Relic Mode, I had the same noise with my MXT, I was using C/J and the 9.5" coil then I started using Relic Mode and the 5.3 coil it has made a huge difference in the chatter, try mixed mode (trigger centered) it is noisy as far as target response, but it settles the threshold down, if it is to much target noise move trigger forward, this will eliminate the low iron grunt. Also maybe there really are that many targets where you are hunting, squeeze the pinpoint and see if you can lock on to some of the chatter. If there is a lot of iron, after ground balancing try locking your ground balance. Try to be patient, I was just like you ready to give up on it and buy another detector. I am glad I gave the MXT a second chance. see my post below for what I am finding now.

I too run the relic mode for coin shooting and use a DD coil. I run my threshold just audible. The MXT can be run in silent mode, just make sure you don't go too far into the silent area or you will lose some depth. A little noise is the price for a very sensitive detector. At a tot lot yesterday, I was finding 1/8 snaps and rivets at 4". If I didn't have a pinpointer I never would have found them. Rob

Thanks for the tips. Do you think one of the 4x6 or 5x7 oval coils would help? Or would that not make any difference?

Rob is right try Relic Mode. I myself have found the backs of earrings, sneaker rivets, bandage clasp, all very small items. If you want to find small gold jewelry then be patient. If you cant get any stability at all in relic, run your threshold just below audible. I have all of the coils but have only used 9.5" and 5.3". If you have the 5.3 give it a try and stick with it.

Yea, ive got the 5.3 eclipse and its the only one I am using.

[quote Delaware Bill]M6 is silent search, real quite. Sometimes ground conditions will cause some minor chatter, but I have found this is so for all my machines. Also, has either multi or single tone. HH[/quote]

When you say silent search, theres no threshold to listen to? Thats what I would like. Is that one of the differences between the MXT and M6?