Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the GT better than Elite?

I find the GT will give a better signal on deeper coins and ID them better too. There is several feature like the Iron mask as you can turn it on or off on the GT. The GT also has silent search at a flick of a toggle switch for those that like that option. I also feel the GT is a bit more sensitive so it may false a little more on iron, but nothing seriuos and easy to tell the difference. Those new to a Sovereign I feel any one of the Sovereigns are good, but those that know the Sovereign well will see the difference in the GT I feel.

I had the Elite, my first Sov., didn't like it got rid of it within a few weeks.
A year or two later bought an early Sov XS2a, with a horseshoe Excalibur Seasearch coil.
Loved it. Sold it, needed some $$. But, told the new owner I would buy it back if he
ever decided to sell it. It's been years, never heard from him.

Haven't tried the GT.

Here is an older link where some chaps spent some time testing detectors. Keep in mind that results will change with experience and ground conditions. Probably a couple other factors.

http://www.detectortest.info/

I have an Elite and a GT. Winter set in before I could really do some comparisons. I was using the Elite and just recently picked up the GT on Ebay. I really like the Elite. I just recently sent it out to be modded. The Elite was already a good performer in my opinion. If the mod adds any performance it will be like a cherry on top.

goodmore said:
Here is an older link where some chaps spent some time testing detectors. Keep in mind that results will change with experience and ground conditions. Probably a couple other factors.

http://www.detectortest.info/

I have an Elite and a GT. Winter set in before I could really do some comparisons. I was using the Elite and just recently picked up the GT on Ebay. I really like the Elite. I just recently sent it out to be modded. The Elite was already a good performer in my opinion. If the mod adds any performance it will be like a cherry on top.

Interesting to see that test between the two, clearly shows the GT is better than the Elite. Will be interesting to see what you come up doing some tests.

it really dependes on whos hands the machine is in ............... I am so fimiliar with the elite that the Gt seems foreign and odd to me.......... for me the elite is a better performer, but I have not given the Gt a fair chance, and really see no reason to mess with the Gt.......Just my own bag I guess..........whatever you are having sucess with is what You should be using in my opinion.......

I had a hot elite, tried against a couple of GT's and XS2a's, same targets etc, sadly i sold it. i have also seen 2 gt's one was better than the other, luck of the draw i suppose

I use that site as a tool. I realize that there are many variables. I more or less use it to decide what detector I DON"T want. After all detectors are expensive. I do have an Elite and I like it. It suits me so much better than the last model I had. I got a good deal on the Elite. I got a spare coil basically for free. So I think that has some merit on what detector I use also. I really don't worry about getting that extra inch. I worry about the detector being able to do it's job in the inches that it is seeing.