Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the Excalibur sensitive enough to get good depth on small rings and gold necklaces?

Yep it oes rather well on things deep rings are kinda low on the pass if deep but dig a bit an it will come alive

i get about 8" on a small gold ring with my Excal but will not hit on a gold chain! my Tiger Shark WILL hit on a gold chain!

Relicpro said:

Before you buy any detector, you first need to evaluate what kind of water hunting you will be doing. Salt, Fresh, Both ???? If both then will it be equal time or more of one than the other ? What kind of conditions will you hunt in ? Is weight an issue ? Do you want Multi tone ? Do you want Disc ? Deep or Shallow water ? Etc....... Alot of thought must go into a water machine that will work best for you and the enviroment it will be used in. There are ALOT of knowledgable water hunters on this forum that I have learned from and STILL am learning from. Hope you find what you are looking for. :detecting:

Weight is not an issue because I will hipmount or use a modified shaft, but I am concerned that the Excal will mask good targets if much iron is present and I am also concerned that the Excal won't be sensitive enough to respond to chains. I also hear that on the Tigershark you have to cut back on the sensitivity so much in salt water that you lose a lot of depth -- but the Tigershark will hit on small targets and chains. Right now I am torn between the two.

If you are trying to decide between the Excal and Tiger only,my opinion to you would be to get an Excal if your will be in the Saltwater more than Freshwater. If it's the other way go with the Tigershark with the 8" coil. The 10.5 coil will be good for dry sand and give a little more depth, but way more unstable in Saltwater conditions. But Saltwater will still be a problem when your in it until you are able to distinguish between the erratic noises(falsing) and good signals with the Tiger. But remember that proper ground balancing is the key to the Tigershark. I'm sure that the Minelab water guys on the forum can give you guidance to the Pros and Cons of the Excal also. JMO Hope this helps. :detecting:

Read up on it. In saltwater works great, I haven't used it in the fresh yet. It does hit on small low con targets in the AM mode w/ ID