Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the analyse mode a function of All metal, Dis. Gain or a combination of all of them together. Which one do I crank up. I am trying to get a better

It can be configured the way you want it to be. The default setting for Analysis is "Match Search", and that is exactly what it does. When you uncheck the box, you can configure it to do many different things. I am still experimenting with this and would like to learn a lot more, like changing analysis to single sweep instead of accumulate and average.

I think Tinfoil is talking more about the Sensitivity/Gain settings more than how to set up the Analyze screen. There really is not a cut and dried answer to your question Tinfoil. The settings will vary with your style of hunting and your ground conditions. Your swing speed and ground conditions will determine what settings are best for you in the four main settings that will give you the best depth. The number of filters/High or Band pass.......All metal/Discrimination sensitivity and Gain all need to be adjusted to what works best for you. If you spend an hour or more on a deep target adjusting the four main adjustments is the best way to get the most out of the V3 for you. I guess there are 5 main adjustments counting in the recovery delay. If you really swing slow, you will want to keep the delay up to 80-85 for the best depth IMHO. Work with a deep target and just one adjustment at a time until you get the best audio that you can with each one. I wouldn't worry too much about the Analyze screen or VDI on deep targets, they are the first to go on the fringe of maximum depth. Trust your audio.