Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it better or worse? Plus Tech tip for Pi Pro. Long

georgetp

Last trip went out with CZ and found $5.00 but no goodies. Switched to Pi Pro and found a nice fairly large womens GOLD band. GOLD. My next find was a Japanese style silver wedding band. My next good find was a large Japanese style mens wedding band in Plat. This is my 8 and a half Plat find since Nov. I only found 9 in three years with CZ. I later looked inside gold band and the whole name is there. The ring will be back with the owner tomorrow so I'm left with Plat and silver, again. What the heck is going on

I did learn why I am keying on Plat. If you put a small desert plate 6 inches on top of a salad plate 8 and a half inches you get an idea of the sound. Strong at outer edge and intensifies once you get to small plate and changes back on other side. I heard that sound and immediately dug. I didn't even think about it. For Gulfhunter, I don't dig every signal because of a storm that caused the beach to be loaded with thousands of signals. Most of the signals are alum. I dug over 250 trash signals last night. Love that loose sand. For gold the plate is about an inch larger, and the sound stays the same throughout. This is important because the sound usually changes with pull tabs and rings.

For silver the sound is diffuse at any depth except surface but pure and steady. For quarters any depth but surface the sound is diffuse but not as steady or pure. I was getting tired of not finding quarters so I did some testing and found $3.00 instead of my usual $1.00

I don't know if info is useful for any other Pi but I checked many different rings at different depths and it holds for Pro. I used different angles for rings and got nearly same sounds and Plat vs Gold held up with different sizes and shapes. Silver always read bad. Pi Pro hates silver. I have a large bag from CZ but find little with Pro, and do not get good depth on silver.

I will try again Thurs. with new knowledge, and hopefully find expensive, waterproof Omega watch woman lost when she lost gold ring.
Now if Va Beach Ron will only give up the secret of how the ladies diamond rings sound with the Pro.

You dug 250 trash signals where georgetp? In the wet sand? I was out neck deep. Light weight junk targets are swept away out there, with the current. That's where the gold is ya looter! At my surf, at least. Ask Craig PI where He finds His gold with a PI PRO. He's gunna tell you deep! Try it.

I have covered deep and there are no targets. People here can't swim for beans and don't go out too far. I am inside a reef so dynamics are different than in the surf. Targets don't move much and alum is found where gold is found. In another area I have a few spots I am cleaning up but there are rocks with sand so I can't dig many targets. I was in loose sand near shore so I could scoop out many targets in this area. In this one spot I have found one target in waist deep and three or four Plat and six or more gold in knee deep or less water. I wonder from seeing others post whether people loose gold in the deep water or whether it is washed out by tide and surf? Many say that heavy items are found in a line. We don't have that with the protection of the reef. That is why this sport/hobby is fun. There is always a learning curve and every place is different.

What state are you hunting in georgetp? Sounds almost like Hawaii. I can understand your circumstances are different from mine. I just hunt out deeper, than most do. It get less pressure and the targets generally are heavy or the current carries them off or washes them into shore. Good luck on the gold, but I would just love a piece of platinum!Gotta do what works for ya man!

GH