Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is it 100% waterproof like the ctx? If it is, to what depth?

Thanks Steve.
Im not finding much info on it yet, but Im sure there will be more coming.

The video States it is fully submersible. I would think that to mean waterproof. Not sure how far.

300 feet I thought but its hard to understand those Australians who knew they were so smart and cant even understand what their saying :buds:

No, 10 meters is about 30 feet and its not 10 meters its 3. I am sure he misspoke thinking 10 feet and saying 10 meters. And it is said to weigh a kilo, i.e. 2 and a quarter pounds.

Right. So its waterproof.
How does one charge the batteries? With my ctx Im always concerned about that O-ring. Has anyone had hands on this machine?

lespaul said:
How does one charge the batteries? With my ctx Im always concerned about that O-ring. Has anyone had hands on this machine?

I'm curious about the battery situation too. It doesn't look to have the large battery pod of the CTX. I'm wondering if its entirely contained in the cell-phone sized control head.

Jason in Enid said:
lespaul said:

I'm curious about the battery situation too. It doesn't look to have the large battery pod of the CTX. I'm wondering if its entirely contained in the cell-phone sized control head.

The battery is inside the grip and stays there I believe.. There is a magnet connector for charging.
You can actually charge it while detecting.
Bryan

From what has been shown and what has been said around on at least one you tube clip, to charge the internal lithium battery, will connect via a Magnetic Micro USB connection to a usb power source, like a battery boost, that can also be attached to charge even while you are detecting.

Not having any gaskets or o-rings to mess with is even more encouraging.

Will we need to buy new waterproof headphones, or is it compatable with the waterproof headphones we use on out ctx?

lespaul said:
Will we need to buy new waterproof headphones, or is it compatible with the waterproof headphones we use on out ctx?

Thats what i am wondering about , I think they wont be waterproof in the box so it most likely will be more money spent ?
But then i wont be diving in the water or under it so i am not worried .
Provided it is waterproof and doesn't leak i am happy.

lespaul said:
Will we need to buy new waterproof headphones, or is it compatable with the waterproof headphones we use on out ctx?

I doubt it as there is no connection for them.

I thought they stated you could plug in a set of phones to it?

Jason in Enid said:
I thought they stated you could plug in a set of phones to it?

Yes you can through an adaptor but what headphones are supplied with the machine ?

If the machine can be used for shallow diving, certainly there must be an option to use waterproof headphones.

with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.??? Model 800 supplied with Bluetooth headphones with wm 08 module

JamesBondaka said:
with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.??? Model 800 supplied with Bluetooth headphones with wm 08 module

I mean waterproof or not ? No point in going under if not.