Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Detecting around old mills worthwhile?

ancummings

I live near a town with a lot of old abandoned mills down by the river from the 1800's. Would it be worthwhile to go mding around these sites? Thanks for the help

Absolutely! Chances are that a lot of people that hunted that mill already, are sick of the amount of iron that litters that place. Some of that iron is very interesting and worth more than some of the corroded coppers that you may find. Be ready for lots of junk. So a small coil and a faster recovery speed are in order. Dig signals that are iffy and you may find some good targets.

Go for it, and it doesn't matter how many people have detected it already. Just go for the hunt and see what pleasant surprises pop out of ground. Look around and say, where would I sit if I worked here and had to rest for a spell. It is as easy as that to find places others never thought of. HH and let us know your pleasant surprises...Z

I wanna go........:sadwalk:

Where are you at???? I'll come over and help :twodetecting: