Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is an Eldorado still viable?

shead

Hi folks, first post here in ages.

I have an Eldorado I have used in the past. I sold an X5 and a Sandshark a few years ago but will be getting back into this wonderful hobby. Is my Eldorado still a viable machine? I will eventually upgrade but since I am confident in the Eldorado due to having used it for a long time, I don't want to drop andother chunk of change on a newer machine (It will be a Tesoro more than likely, I love 'em) if the newer ones will only gain me a slight advantage.

What do you guys think? Having been out of it and not following the detectors for a couple of years (well maybe less, i started getting out of it when the Cibola and Vaquero were still just hitting the market) I could use some objective input.

Thanks!

Hi Scott
I would say yes in answer to your question. I had the Eldorado equiped with the 12x10 coil. For relic hunting it was one of the best detectors I have ever owned. At a friends test garden it would signal on some very deep targets that surprised us. I don't know what possesed me to trade that detector but I wish I had it back. It is more stable than the Tejon and the boost in depth can be gained with the 12x10 coil. Also the frequency shift is something I wish all machines had. It will allow you to hunt in areas were electrical interference is a problem.:detecting:
Jerry

I have heard nothing but good things about the Eldorado. So get out there and find some stuff!

You bet it is Scott........one of the best ever built. I still have my original (brown metal box under rod) ElDorado, and still believe it's one of the best relic machines ever built!

Enjoy and start stashing those finds!:thumbup:

heck i don't think any tesoro is obsolete i have a cortes but still like to use my sidewinder and saber 11.they find coins all the time.

The Eldorado uMax is a very competent unit good for coin/jewelery and relic hunting. If you feel the need for a little extra depth you can "super tune" the unit with the threshold knob just remember that it increase the sound in the all-metal mode and with ear phones on that can be a distraction. The Eldorado pinpoints very well in the discrimination mode as you probably know already.

I suppose I'll go ahead and wear out this machine and see what Tesoro comes up with next. I actually like the Eldorado, which is why when I needed some cash for other things I chose to sell the Shadow X5. The Shadow was superb for some of my hunting, but often I needed the little 3.5 coil for trashy sites which the Shadow didn't have. I had a clean sweep coil too at one time, but it gets heavy!

Overall I like the Eldorado, so now I need to get out there with it!

Thanks guys!
Scott