Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is a Whites Black Max 5.3 coil the same as Eclipse 5.3 coil?

DFX/MXT/M6 5.3 (6x6) Eclipse Search Coil
Fits DFX/MXT/M6. Provides better separation between targets in high trash areas.

Bullseye 5.3 Search Coil (6.59 kHz)
Fits XLT, 6000XL, QXT, IDX, ID, CL III, 5900. Provides better separation between targets in high trash areas.

I have not heard of a black max, but this is the info on the Whites web page. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/loopsw.php
http://www.whiteselectronics.com
Hope this helps a bit. Good Luck

basically all are the same 6 inch coil for the 6.59 KhZ detectors. Just different vintage. First two are black in color and the latter is white. Different decals on each. HH Randy

While I really like the little 4 X 6 Shooter coil on my MXT, I have never found a 4 X 6 in the 6.59 kHz that impressed me. And, I've owned 4 or 5 of them over the years. I'd read some good reports from guys that had them, so figured it must be something that I had overlooked. But, again, after trying 4 or 5 of them, I have come to the conclusion that they just can't be compared to the similar Eclipse coil. They are pretty sensitive to small targets and are easy to work around objects in the field. But the depth is not nearly as good as the 5.3 coils. I'd estimate a good 25% less in my soil. Of course, the ground here isn't mineralized to the point that I need the DD design. Personally, I like the 5.3 BlackMax or Bullseye. I've got one of each and can't tell the difference in performance. I've had a couple BlueMax 600's and they are good too. But I prefer the black colored coil over the white ones. The main thing I would look for is the shorter cable. (+/- 42 inches) Seems to me that the longer cable would be OK for hip mounting. But I think having all that cable wrapped around the rod makes it a bit more prone to interference. And with those I have had with longer cables, for some reason I can't tweak the Sig Bal up as high and maintain stability. HH Randy

the 5.3 black max or the the 5.3 bullseye is,in my view,the BEST damn coin sniffer coil that has ever been designed for whitey's 6.59 khz
detectors!..an xl pro with the 5.3 black max or bullseye on board IS deadly on coins,and is extremely well balanced as well!..i have been hunting for 33 years,and it is my personal combo!.trust me,a nastier setup you will not find!..terrific depth,AND separation!

(h.h!)
j.t.