Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron Infested Park Hunt

DiggerODirt

Got out Monday Afternoon and hunted a park that I knew was infested with Iron and Copper (plumbing pipe and fittings) trash. The E-Trac did well on the iron, but some of the copper trash still fooled me.
Got one 1952 Wheat, and a little more clad for the collection...When I started digging the dog tags, I was afraid I might find the whole dog...lol...License tag is my birth year...1965...Weather was so warm, I had to shed my jacket. I hope it keeps up like this right to Christmas day...
Again missed the Silver Quarter by one year...Darn 1965s!!!
The small rivet cover was found in a tot lot and thrown in just to show how small of an item will give a good signal on the E-Trac.

12-03-12CharlesAveParkWheat1.jpg

12-03-12CharlesAveParkWheat2.jpg

12-03-12CharlesAveParkStuff.jpg

12-03-12CharlesAvePark.jpg

Happy Hunting,

Nice work! :clapping: It was 65 here in Mich yesterday but I didnt get out, this weather is sure something alright!
Mud

Don't toss aside that copper "trash". I keep a barrel at home that I fill with copper scrap from job-sites (I am a carpenter) and from various "treasure" hunts. When the barrel gets full I cash it in at the scrap yard. This year's take was over $1200. Just because it doesn't have a dead prez and a date stamp doesn't mean it doesn't have value! Good finds though!