Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron Falseing

keith

How do you handle the iron falsing. I have tried disc and notching but seem to loose depth. Does the silencer or TX effect falsing? here is my settings
Freq 11
rec 2
silencer -1
full tones
tx 3
no disc to 3

any help would be appreciated,

for me its in the tones, I can normally tell by the tone it gives off. The tone can be forced or rugged, but it takes time to learn the machine and how it sounds on falsing. I id dig alot of iron in the beginning but its not a problem nowadays so keep working with it and you will click with it. you can cut the tx back to 2 and that might help.

Hi Calabash, I enjoy your videos. What was your opinion of the AKA Sorex pro, I just purchased the MFD and cant wait to play with it.

Thanks for the reply
Keith

we will have to talk about in another thread as this is the deus forum but I do have the aka for sale.I made a post over in the metal detecting forum about the aka go check out the last one I made.

My settings, I dig very little Iron. Pm me I can help. The Deus was made for the UK. and Europe. You need to understand the history their is 10 times of what we have here. You can find a roman coin their but here you are not getting back but 300 years unless some spanish sites out west. Pm me I'll give you my number.

That would be great if you could share those settings with me also. I dig a lot of tin can lids cause they just sound good. Big iron isn't so bad but I have to play around and listen to the edges very time consuming. If I could eliminate 50% of the false signals crated by Iron or tin lids that would give me at least an extra hour or two to cover more ground. Thank you!

detectorfreak74 said:
My settings, I dig very little Iron. Pm me I can help. The Deus was made for the UK. and Europe. You need to understand the history their is 10 times of what we have here. You can find a roman coin their but here you are not getting back but 300 years unless some spanish sites out west. Pm me I'll give you my number.

I think that is 3 requests to share........

Jim

Turn on discrimination to at least 8 and notch out 97-99

If discrimination is too low the horseshoe indication will not be accurate.

Set your silencer to 0 or -1.

It's all in Andy Sabisch's book = buy it, read it over and over again.

I'm looking to stop wasted time investigating good signals that turn out to be deep Iron or a tin lid. I don't go by VDI or the horse shoe just sound. ( full Tones). I thought maybe detectorfreak 74 found a magic setting that made these items spit a bit more in the audio so I didn't have to do a double and triple sweep on a good sounding bad target.

shoover said:
I'm looking to stop wasted time investigating good signals that turn out to be deep Iron or a tin lid. I don't go by VDI or the horse shoe just sound. ( full Tones). I thought maybe detectorfreak 74 found a magic setting that made these items spit a bit more in the audio so I didn't have to do a double and triple sweep on a good sounding bad target.

Turn up the discrimination, it does not make you lose depth but the silencer will, so keep it at 0 or -1.

The horseshoe will help, it's there for additional confirmation.

Secondly, notch out 97-99.

If you listen to me you will not be getting skunked on tin lids.

I guess that's my problem, I'm always afraid to give up depth. Where I have been hunting I haven't found anything deeper than 6" so I should just try it in the trashy area see how it works.
Thanks
Scott

this xpdeus is a awesome machine I walked on a site with my other top detector with my 6 inch sniper coil and my threshold was completely nulled out from iron and over loads I switched to my deus and started pulling up ww1 metal a sheep tag from the late 1890s and wheats they all were less than a inch in the ground and found a 1876 cc seated quarter this one was a full inch down still no iron dug had a great time

detectorfreak74 said:
digginrelics you never pm. me I'm not going too give my secrets out for everybody

WOW, all of us, I mean the best there is on this board share their programs.......I have files of programs I share.

Not a good attitude (IMO) for the brotherhood, I mean that would be like CZ, Calabash or Gary keeping their programs and tweeks secret. The beauty of this forum is the sharing of tweeks so others can try them and save some time and frustration maybe.

You can keep your secret, I personally do not need it, but maybe a newer owner would love that you shared it and he/her gets to enjoy our hobby a bit more!

Thank you to all the members of the forum who have and continue to share tweeks and programs, we all learn from each other. You guys rock.

Jim
PS hope you do not have any issue or questions and somebody tells you it's a secret.

Sleepyjim said:
detectorfreak74 said:
digginrelics you never pm. me I'm not going too give my secrets out for everybody

WOW, all of us, I mean the best there is on this board share their programs.......I have files of programs I share.

Not a good attitude (IMO) for the brotherhood, I mean that would be like CZ, Calabash or Gary keeping their programs and tweeks secret. The beauty of this forum is the sharing of tweeks so others can try them and save some time and frustration maybe.

You can keep your secret, I personally do not need it, but maybe a newer owner would love that you shared it and he/her gets to enjoy our hobby a bit more!

Thank you to all the members of the forum who have and continue to share tweeks and programs, we all learn from each other. You guys rock.

Jim
PS hope you do not have any issue or questions and somebody tells you it's a secret.

Well said digginrelics!

I gladly share my programs and tweeks pm. me and I will give out my number. I do this a different way than most. I was all over the forums years ago and got screwed by many people on the forums. I used to post my finds and tell my programs on other top machines. I am well known and I got night hawked and all my sites were hit and robbed. So now I am very cautious I am not trying too be rude

Sorry too all that are offended.

detectorfreak74 said:

My secrets are my spots that I hunt; other than that I hope people save as much history as possible before they build more subdivisions and shopping malls on our land making it impossible to save the relics under them.

If people want to learn how to hunt in trash better then it benefits everyone, our civil war buttons are starting to deteriorate in the ground, we need them out of the ground or they won't exist to dig in a few decades.