Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

iron arrowhead

niat

Ok im new here , detecting for a year or so get out to littel do to job.posting a pic of what could be junk or an iron arrowhead.
Taking clues.

Most are stone not Iron.

well ty for the reply . going to see if i can find a more info.

frustrating but fun , not sure if i enjoy the detecting or the researching..lol

Well after being awoke froma late night out by the phone call of a fellow detector ,ive learned there was at, a time something called a (Trade point )arrow head
Had some luck with pics but , got me going and i think ill take it to the university next week .
cant think of any more research i can do on line .

don't see these too often

Ty all for the tips and help im up to 90% sure its a trade point . but not going to say it is for sure . more diigging it to books and going to revisit the spot i got it , and hunt iron , to see if a find anything that would support the find.

Some corroded and rotten copper points will not look much like copper, but are still copper. I'm unable to make out what you took a picture of, your pic is to small, dark and blurry. BK

I've seen a few made of iron; they were much longer than yours. (4 to 5 inches long)

It was surmised that they were made from the iron rim of a wagon wheel.