Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ipod style earphones & X-Terra?

Danno

Guys,

I found a 1/8" - 1/4" Audio Jack Adaptor amongst some of my old kit today that will enable me to use my good quality earbud (IPOD) earphones
with my X-Terra 705.

Has anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?

Danno:)

I use those type heaphones the most. I like the sound they make over my killer bees. Radio shack has lots of different kinds of those adapters.

I also have a 1/8" - 1/4" Audio Jack Adaptor, but ear buds could maybe damage your hearing?

I was thinking of having the volume lower as they fit in the ear and tend not to be up so loud?

Anyway, I'll try them out today and report back.

Danno:)

Yeah. works really well! I used to use them a few years back on the X-Terra. Nice and cool in the summer. I just prefer to use the speaker most of the time. I did wear some lighter type Koss headphones yesterday and it helped to stop "the pied piper syndrome". I particularly liked using the really cheap ones on my Ace, as it had no volume control and the cheap ones put the sound through at the right volume.
Mick Evans.

Yes I like the earbud type for everyday use.
They are not so good where outside noise is high- ie next to a busy road.
Mine are sports models (made for runners) with a wrap around the ear holder to keep them in place in the ear canal and have volume control cause I like to run the detector volume at maximum.
You can still hear outside noises as well using earbuds and so are not so cut off from the world.
They are cool in Summer and in Winter you can use them under a woolen beanie or hoodie.
I once missed hearing multiple police cars roll up to a park I was in when using my Gray Ghosts
just make sure that the adaptor u use is a stereo one and not a mono one.

T59

I use stereo headphones too but mine are light weight Sony's. I never thought about the ear pods. I'll have to try them out.
Joel

You should check into the Ohm rating as i believe metal detectors benefit from a higher Ohm. not sure why though...... Such as the 100 ohm rating in the koss ur-30 and the killer bees are even higher I think there 150 and normal headphones are a lot lower....

Yes I use KOSS portaPro.Great sound and lightweight.
Wanted proper headphones so I ordered Jolly Roger Headphones and they arrived today.
Don't buy Jolly Roger for the 705...very disappointed,fit good and snug,but sound is horrible!!! Can crank the volume very high but not to a
volume that fit your ears without getting ear damage.So I better send them back and get headphones with higher Ohm,this have nominal 16.Ohm ..
What will be good for XT705??

So how about iPhone4 headphones with the volume and mic on them? The sound is amazing watching movies. But not sure since it has the mic. I know they work in my daughters headphones.

Maybe I will buy some skull candies(sp?). I hear good things about those and MDs.

Tried the iPhone 4 headphones with mic and volume adjust. They work super super good. The volume and mic on the phones does not work of coarse but the phones themselves sound really good. I tried it for 2 minutes in my front yard before my job showed up and I heard at least 3 different solid beeps I have not heard in that area(marked them with golf tee to dig today) The beeps are so clear compared to that speaker, huge difference. I recommend anyone not using headphones to try it right away. My friend was getting his wiring trouble shot when I noticed he had a adapter sitting in his rear window. He said it was there when he got the car a couple weeks ago and it's mine. So scored the 1/4-1/8 adapter FREE my favorite price.