Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inverted camel hump?

BHNugget

Wondering if anyone else ever got an inverted camel hump on the analyze screen? I swept the target several times and every time the camel humps were like a perfect target but with the humps upside down.I was in a hurry to go over as much ground as I could so I didnt dig the target but do remember the location of it to check it out later.Dont remember the frequency alignment.

When I have dug them they were iron.

I was hoping someone would say that.:biggrin: I bothered me all night wondering about it.

Gee...the inverted camel hump I dug was an iron bank full of silver coins....NOT:lol: Mine have been junk as well.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

jimmyk said:
Gee...the inverted camel hump I dug was an iron bank full of silver coins....NOT:lol: Mine have been junk as well.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Something along those lines is what had me thinking all night! :heh:

What coil did you use??? 6.59 Big Foot???????????

It was the stock 10"DD,Mick.I thought I was going to have a hey day at the site.It was kind of the same story as a previous school I had been to.Turned on the V3,started swinging and in less than 10 feet got a good 77-80 hit.I could tell when I pinpointed by the faint signal it was going to be a good one.This 25' merc was in the hole at about 7-8 inches.I got a little over zealous with the Lesche and gouged it by the "B" in LIBERTY.Gotta slow down my digging.:cry:

I had my first perfect inverted 3 frequency hump last week. Was running C/J in some fairly nasty glacial till, and out popped a clad quarter from 4.5". Never had a that same kind of read before or since!

BH Thanks 4R your respons , You think the ground Minerals had something to do with the Up side Dowen camel toe????

I dont think so,Mick.I was at a school built in 1928,detecting the front of it (the north side),which stays shaded most of the day,so the ground was really moist.I ventured off to the east and west sides of the school and found the ground dry and very hard.Compared to where I live and usually hunt,the ground is much more mineralized (basically ground eroded out of the Black Hills) and Ive never had the upside down humps happen here.When it happened,I jokingly thought to myself, "Man,this Spectra is really good,it can tell when the tails side of the coin is facing up!" :biggrin:

n/t

The only other time I have seen the inverted hump is when a gold nugget was over 1/2 ounce.........................................:rofl:.....:punch:....:stretcher:

Larry (IL) said:
The only other time I have seen the inverted hump is when a gold nugget was over 1/2 ounce.........................................:rofl:.....:punch:....:stretcher:

Thats it! IM GOING BACK! :surrender:

I have learned to dig those mystery signals as they can haunt your brain later :crazy:I came across a loud bang of mixed signals thinking it was a large piece of junk near the surface so I passed on by. Next time I was there I hit it again and dug up a coin spill of 14 to be exact my biggest spill yet.