Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introducing myself...

Hi!

I'm Mike (a/k/a "veni seekum metallum geltum") from Florida, raised in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn.

My daughter showed interest in a MD because she now lives near the beach, but she's so busy working and going to school that she really has no time to pursue MDing.
So, "daddy", who is retired from law enforcing and bailiffing, with only a few dozen other hobbies he's pursuing (archery, fiddling, slingshooting - actually the Deputy Chief of the National Slingshot Association and Florida State Representative of same, etc.), is going to have fun on her behalf, Whataguy! :clapping:

I'm sure she'll appreciate all my stories of "finds", almost as if she was MDing also. She's a good "kid".

I'll be passing onto her a wealth of knowledge that I will be gaining firsthand, and from the immense database of information that you all so willingly share with others, and for which I'm very grateful, in advance. Probably, I'll "will" my MD to her, but hopefully before that, she'll purchase her own, and when she finally has the time, we'll "hunt" together. I think she'd like that more than the wild boar hunt I was on November 28th, but that's another story for another venue, and anyone who wants to listen who doesn't have a life :blink:

Looking forward to receiving my new Ace 250 (I've been lurking and gleaming info :devil:) in six days.

Once again, thank you in advance for your knowledge, patience, anticipated overwhelming welcome to the forum, and a heckova sense of humor.

Mike

PS - it was Groucho Marx who stated: "I wouldn't join a club which would have me as a member" :poke:

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to read your posts and seeing some pic's of your finds. Happy Hunting from Upper Michigan.

welcome to the forum and the world of metal dtecting..:detecting::clapping::thumbup:
what part of fla are you in??im in kissimmee if in my area look me up..
good luck hunting..:detecting::thumbup:

Welcome aboard to the best forum on the internet. We have a few folks in law enforcement as members so maybe ya'all can swap tales. :) You've got a good detector to pursue the hobby with and you're in the right place for help and tips. Will be looking forward to your success and pics of your finds. Good luck and happy hunting.

Bill

Mike kinda new my self. Welcome from Texas. I am a retired Fed. cop with a daughter. I collect detectors, Make a few traditional bows, And I get a lot of info from this forum. Oh! SLINGSHOTS interesting

Welcome to the forum... Youll learn a lot here
and have some fun

And Thnaks for your Law Enforecement Service

Have Safe Happy Fun Hunts

Ron
Rangers Lead The Way

Welcome aboard Mike, I too was in law enforcement (20 years in the Military Police) now I'm doing Security work and I hunt, Shoot, woodwork and my all time favorite...MD'ing. I hunt with a Garrett 1350 and I'm looking to add an ACE 250 this year! I currently reside in Ithaca New York where I am sufering from cabin fever! Welcome aboard again, and remember if ye ask for help and knowlege, ye shall recieve.:garrett:

Thanks, Bill, from your new "nephew" .

Thanks also to Ron, Rick and DanGeorge.
DanGeorge, you might want to check out : newnsa.org. - BTW, I shoot "Quinns", barebow, as a member of the Gold Coast Archery Club. Also have a Red Wing Hunter, but that stuff is for Tradgang and Leatherwall/Stickbow forum discussion, so I'll take it no further here, respecting the purpose of this forum.

Looking forward to learning from "y'all", my new Gurus.

Mike
BTW : in my original post the word "gleaning" was misspelled as"gleaming". I'm going to use, as a poor excuse, the fact that on the QWERTY keyboard, the "M" and "N" are adjacent to each other, and apparently I had an unintentional, and slightly embarrassing, "finger-malfunction", which, coincidentally, also occurs when my truck horn is broken. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. (Since I'm no longer a bailiff, I can't use my judge as an alibi anymore). Darn. Thanks to all you grammatists who were kind enough to keep my gross error out of the tabloids.

John,

To answer your question, I'm in Broward County, about 3 1/2 hours SE of you, 20 miles NW of Ft. Lauderdale, 10 miles SW of Boca Raton, latitude 26.270 N, longitude -80.27 W.
Just ring the doorbell :cheers:

Best2u,
Mike

Nice to meet you.
Look forward to seeing some of your finds.
When you find your first gold ring you can show
your daughter. Bet she will find time for MDing then. Hahahaha.

Katz

I think you'll find plenty of gelt. Good luck finding a decent bagel
Fatcat

Welcome to the best forum on the net!:garrett::biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

FatCat,

I don't know what it is, whether it's the water or the dough or what, but the bagels down here are atrocious compared to NY bagels. Rather strange, considering the number of former NY bageleaters who are retired down here. You'd think there'd be an uprising and petitioning at the State Bagel Commissioner's office. Most of the pizza doesn't compare to NY either, though some advertise "NY style pizza". Yeh, right. We may have "Little Havana" and "Little Haiti" down here, but without a proper bagel, we have no "Little NY". And I have to say that I miss NY's "Chinatown" and "Little Italy". Certainly don't miss the cold weather, so you won't see me going back.

While awaiting my Ace 250, which should be arriving in 4 days, I just ordered the Garrett Propointer with "Package A" and coil covers from A&S - they're negotiable :clapping:

HH,
Mike

Old Katz,

...and If I actually give the ring to her, she may drop out of school - yikes!

You're right, I'll just wave it in front of her, as one would do with a carrot and a horse. Hee-hee-hee.

HH
Mike