Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting ring….

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Was hunting an old park when I got an Indian head/zinc penny signal. Detector showed it was only a few inches deep, so I figured a zinc. Dug my hole and in the loose dirt I see that oh so familiar silver reeded edge. I thought "cool a silver dime" but also realized it didn't hit like one. Picking it up the dirt fell through the middle. Cool a silver ring! It also has the reeded edge inside the ring. I also got a kids ring, some clad, a button with a 20's patent date, and an older GM tag. It's getting cooler up here in God's country. We even seen the first frost of the season Friday. Great digging weather.
[attachment 336803 IMG_3071.JPG]
[attachment 336804 IMG_3072.JPG]
[attachment 336805 IMG_3070.JPG]

Holy Buckets !! That's a neat ring, sure does look like a dime on edge. That reading saying zinc/ih should be a lesson to James on the LD forum. He doesn't dig zincs .

Steve in so la

Interesting find Mike. Glad you got out. I know you don't use a Minelab X-terra 505 - like I do - and wonder what the signal is for zink?

It recognizes a penny no matter the kind.

On the other hand when hunting an old site I do skip many shallow zincs.

Nice find Mike and sometimes we get a surprise in the hole and not what we were going to dig up! One time I was digging for what I was sure was a penny but out came a silver dime! Just never know! So if or if not in doubt dig it out!!!! :angel: Ma

Hey Mike, Can't say I remember getting a target that said '32'. Most of the modern day pennies come in @ 30 but the copper ones comes in @ 36, which ironically is the same as a dime. There have been times when hunting in older city parks that I found Indian Head Pennies and almost always they came in @ 33, which is generally junk in other parks.