Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting discovery

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Ted was asking some specific questions about headphones so I was going thru some bench test and I realized some thing as long as the module was on it didn't matter what headphones I plugged in to the back of the machine by way of the factory headphone adaptor they all worked correctly. Speaker was switched off. The sound came thru headphones. Turned the module off and it all quit speaker came on and no sound thru the headphone even though they were plugged in directly into the back of the machine. Not necessarily a game changer just a thought provoker.

The headphones I tested all worked properly when plugged into the module by way of the minelab adaptor.
HH Jeff

That is some valuable information that should be repeated from time to time. I will have to play around with my Anfibio Multi and see if I can get similar results. Thank you Jeff !!!

laplander said:
Ted was asking some specific questions about headphones so I was going thru some bench test and I realized some thing as long as the module was on it didn't matter what headphones I plugged in to the back of the machine by way of the factory headphone adaptor they all worked correctly. Speaker was switched off. The sound came thru headphones. Turned the module off and it all quit speaker came on and no sound thru the headphone even though they were plugged in directly into the back of the machine. Not necessarily a game changer just a thought provoker.

The headphones I tested all worked properly when plugged into the module by way of the minelab adaptor.
HH Jeff

laplander,

You're talking about the WM08 module used in conjunction with the factory headphone adapter cable and any set of headphones ?

Rich -

Thanks Jeff! I sent you a message. Bear in mind that I have a 600 and do not use a wireless head set. Does this change the game? Thanks! Ted

Rich (Utah) said:

HH Jeff

laplander,

You're talking about the WM08 module used in conjunction with the factory headphone adapter cable and any set of headphones ?

Rich -
Yes and No

I started with headphones {old grey ghost} plugged into the module using the eight to quarter factory adaptor. They worked fine external speaker off headpones normal.

Then I unplugged the the adaptor from the module and plugged it into the back of the detector. I left the module on. Everything worked the same speaker off headphones on. I turned the module off and now nothing works, speaker comes on and no audio from the head phones. The module tricks the detectors electronics into thinking the phones are compatable.

Jeff

Ted S said:
Thanks Jeff! I sent you a message. Bear in mind that I have a 600 and do not use a wireless head set. Does this change the game? Thanks! Ted
The sunrays with the 3 position switch are compatible with or with out the module, using the factory adaptor.
Your question is how i discovered the anomaly with non compatable headphones that is being discussed, thank you Ted.
Jeff

Interesting. When I attach my underwater Tony Isenhower phones, the external speaker shuts off.

If the plug is wired CORRECTLY, that is the CORRECT operation. Nothing strange or interesting with what you are experiencing.